Forums are back in action! ×

Women Marines to do Pullups

Laureleye

There was an article regarding this in my husband's latest Leatherneck Magazine, so I found a couple of links I thought folks mind find interesting.  Apparently the Marine Corp has no doubt that women can do pull ups. 

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/11/27/female-marines-will-have-to-do-pull-ups-by-2014

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2012/11/27/female-marines-pull-ups/1730009/

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Neither do we!

cheers.  now ---- work on that pullup.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Navy, Army, Air Force.... pretty much the only service that even attempts to challenge it's female members is the Marines. Do you know, I only have to perform 18 push-ups to score a passing grade for that portion of my PT test?! Ridiculous! And embarassing to see how few of my fellow female soldiers even try to do better than 20.

*huffs off to go do more push-ups*

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

So true. I only have to do 47 to get the max score, 13 to pass. THIRTEEN PUSH UPS. And there are still people who don't pass. I try not to talk too much smack, but really? You can't do 13 push ups? It's not like anyone in the military should be untrained--we are required to PT 3 times a week.

Archived