Forums are back in action! ×

I'm new! How to set goals?

Hello, 

I'm Cherise! I'm 26, married and have a daughter who will be 4 on Feb. 16th. I found this page looking up paleo and weight lifting. I started a 6 week challenge 3 weeks ago with a group of photographers, I've lost an inch or so off my waist and started doing the beginners bodyweight workout that's listed on the site. 

I really want to get in good shape and I have about 60 pounds to lose. What I'm wondering is what is a realistic way to set achievable goals? 

I am someone that bounced around to every new idea that was in the latest women's magazines, so I've never really stuck to anything more than a couple of weeks. I really want to make this change so that I can feel better about myself and I'm looking forward to staying focused and sticking with something, I also know that if I don't see results I tend to get discouraged, so how long is normal to expect to wait before seeing some results? 

So anyway, hi! I look forward to getting to know more of you :)

Cherise

The only advice I can give to you is to look at how you can best stick with exercising and dieting. If you're the type of person that can work out a little everyday, then go for it. If not, then adjust accordingly. Some people like to switch up what exercises they do so they don't get bored. It's just really hard so say imo, it can vary so much from person to person. I do wish you luck in your goals and welcome to the rebellion :D

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

It's like taking a vacation; first you need to know where you want to end up.  What road do you need to take and where do you plan stopovers?  How long are you comfortable traveling in 1 day?  What sights are interesting for YOU to see.  I might like museums, you might like shopping malls. 

You already have 1 long-term goal; to lose 60 pounds.  To do that you will need to change your eating - all the workout in the world won't really get you there without that.  I believe that the easiest way to get rid of excess calories and improve your health is to stop eating processed foods; but are you comfortable with my road? 

So you see, no one can really help you set your goals.  We'll be happy to review them and give you our opinion about whether they're realistic, but we can't decide if they are realistic for you.  You'll find a good article or two on goal setting if you click the CHALLENGE tab above, and look at the FAQ.  One thing that is pretty much guaranteed to fail is to bounce from plan to plan.  You can vary your workouts, but not the basic plan. 

Since you seem to be feeling your way, I'd recommend joining the adventurer's guild.  Then read up on what some of the other adventurers are doing and how things are going for them. 

Glad you joined in. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived