Forums are back in action! ×

Stuck in Rivendell

Hi all! I figured I'd stop lurking and introduce myself.

I'm Bloom, a 33 year old female from Austin, TX. I'm a manager at a high tech company and 8+ years of sitting on my butt behind a computer has taken its toll on my weight and health. About seven months ago, I decided that I was fed up with my personal status quo and started a quest to eat better and exercise regularly (mostly jogging, walking, yoga, and swimming).

Fast forward to now, and well, I'm stuck. I've lost 30 pounds, which is awesome, but sometime around the holidays I stopped exercising (partly due to a minor knee injury, but mostly due to laziness!). I'm still watching what I eat and keeping a daily food journal, but I don't make the best food choices, which was reflected on my latest physical exam.

So I'm joining the rebellion and hoping to advance my quest further along. I've loved the articles that I've read so far and look forward to engaging in the community that's been established here.

My goals:

1) Resolve the knee issues with regular PT (already in progress)

2) Engage in low-impact exercise 5 days a week (walking, swimming...maybe give that scary elliptical machine a try)

3) Work strength training into my weekly routine.

4) Cut out the processed junk. I'm not ready for Paleo, but getting rid of highly processed pre-packaged foods is a good start.

As far as my real life RP character Bloom, I am most definitely a Hobbit Scout. I'm short (5'2"), round (160), and from a huge family. I seem to have a lot of natural endurance even when out of shape and gravitate towards activities like jogging, swimming, hiking, and biking.

Hobbit Scout

Level 1

STR 3 DEX 2 STA 4 CON 1 WIS 3 CHA 2

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

Archived