Forums are back in action! ×

hi. i just found nerd fitness today.

my name is heidi and i weigh 245 pounds. i game alot, rarely leave the computer, and am very unfit. i live in wales.

also i have mental health problems.

i ordered the rebel fitness guide and tried to download it, but since i am over my broadband capacity this month, my download speed is very slow and the download failed.

i can download it tonight when i have unlimited downloads.

but im wondering if anyone can tell me what the first lvel is, what its called and what it involves. i really want to get started today.

cheers :)

here is my blog, which i have made to avoid spamming the forum with all my little updates: http://toblackmarsh.blogspot.co.uk/

I´d like to welcome you !

Well I´m kinda like you: I game a lot, did rarely get up (most likely to go to the university//fridge ~~) and so on. AND I´m also new here :D

So.. level 1 involves just you, your mental and health state and the fact that you just decided to change things and get your sht done !

Leveling up (when you decided to chose a profession and so on) means you participate in 6-week CHALLENGES and master them.

But in general it´s setting goals (maybe not too many at a time ... I know that ... wanting too much at the same time made me quit anything so often :( )

and achieving them. Maybe it´s just beginning with doing walks (like 10 minutes or so .. I don´t mean jogging) or go jogging or start with the beginners body weight circuit (that´s what I started with today ^.^) or w/e you consider being OK to get started.

The great thing at this msg board is that everyone tries just to help you and it´s quite supportive though everyone has his or her own package. 

Maybe you want to start with creating your goals (and of course reach them one by one :D) in the "Your Epic Quest"-forum so you know

that like everyone gets to know what your plan is and what you want to achieve so you won´t just quit improving and transforming by just saying

things like "O.K. there´s no one anyway that cares for me or knows what I´m trying so I can quit it anyway and no one will notice". That´s just not possible anymore :D

Whoa ... ok as you see I talk a lot when I have the opportunity to ... so again:

WELCOME ! And have an awesome time here !

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Ah what I forgot is like you should (or not should but it could be helpful ^^) also read some articles from the BLOG (the ones Mr. Steve sends you with the e-mail(s) and also some others). You might just browse around and look for titles that sound interesting to you (that´s what I did). Especially the Zelda and Optimus Prime articles are nice (to me).

And ye if you can´t do push ups or squats or whatever then just .... TRY to do them. And if it doesn´t work yet, I could imagine using some "tools" to support you. Not things to buy but ... for example for push ups:

If you can´t get them done on the floor (and on your feet) then you might just put your knees on the ground so you have like less weight to push up ^^. And if that doesn´t work (and that´s what I do right now) you might maybe try to put your hands on a chair instead of the floor. (That might sound gruesome to anybody being in a "normal" physical state but it´s challenging for anyone that is just too big to get push ups done on the floor as well) So your body has like ~45° to the floor (I mean that´s just a number, any angle is ok as long as you feel it being ok). You have to just take care. that your chair (or w/e you use) stands stable and doesn´t slip away when you exercise :D

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Lavendercat, welcome!!

If your not able to do 15 star jumps yet then there is your first goal. Do as many as you can, even if its 5 star jumps. Next time, do 6. Before you know it you will be doing 30 star jumps as a warm up and then going into other stuff.

Small steps for the win!

Karma Stu

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 I DEX: 3 I STA: 3 I CON: 2 I WIS: 3 I CHA: 2

Karma restored

"You have to want it more than you want to continue feeling comfortable, and until you do, you're not going to change a damn thing - no matter how much you lament not being or doing what you 'want'." - Evicious

Archived