Forums are back in action! ×

Anyone else love dancing?

Anduril

When I was younger I went to raves every weekend and danced the night away. Drug free fueled on the love of the beat dancing for hours till my legs felt like jelly. 

Sometimes I dance in my living room now, or do a bit of a break out at weddings at the end of the night if the DJ has any good tunes...

Words can't describe how much I miss it. I'm too self conscious to go to nightclubs, and too old/ out of touch to know of any real raves occurring anymore.

I think I need to find an outlet, dancing use to be such a major part of my life.

Currently lost in Fitness.

Me! Me! Me! I like going out to dance at clubs 100% sober and not looking for any kind of attention from menz. I usually dance with my backside directly against a wall so that I can't be danced with without my consent (a real problem, unfortunately). I have a proclivity for really raunchy rap music that I cannot explain to save my life, which I realize isn't very becoming of a lady. But the great thing about getting older is that your well of f**ks to give eventually runs completely dry.

Downside of getting older, though? It's usually a bunch of kids at these clubs, trying to fornicate and such. Makes me feel old and weird. Also, my friends all have full-time jobs, and the ones who don't just aren't interested in dancing. Ehhhh.

I may or may not be on an active quest to strengthen my legs so that I can, as they say in the young people's music, "drop it low."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I was younger I went to raves every weekend and danced the night away. Drug free fueled on the love of the beat dancing for hours till my legs felt like jelly. 

Sometimes I dance in my living room now, or do a bit of a break out at weddings at the end of the night if the DJ has any good tunes...

Words can't describe how much I miss it. I'm too self conscious to go to nightclubs, and too old/ out of touch to know of any real raves occurring anymore.

I think I need to find an outlet, dancing use to be such a major part of my life.

Try Just Dance 4 on the Wii :-) at first I was snotty about it...but now I love it. You just have to understand it's not real real dancing. It gets you moving though and is fun.

I love dancing! I never got into it until about five years ago when I, more or less, fell into a Zumba class. The hour literally flew by and it was like a light switched on. I was thinking "why have I never tried this?!" Ever since then I've taken every dance class I can make time for, Ballet, Belly Dance, Jazz, and so on and so forth. I want to do Capoeira, Tap, and Swing so badly, but I never have quite gotten around to it.

Name: Armored Gallant Race: HumanClass: Adventurer - Lv. 1 

Attributes: STR: 4 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 1 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frostFrom the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken,The crownless again shall be king." 

Me! Me! Me! I like going out to dance at clubs 100% sober and not looking for any kind of attention from menz. I usually dance with my backside directly against a wall so that I can't be danced with without my consent (a real problem, unfortunately). I have a proclivity for really raunchy rap music that I cannot explain to save my life, which I realize isn't very becoming of a lady. But the great thing about getting older is that your well of f**ks to give eventually runs completely dry.

Downside of getting older, though? It's usually a bunch of kids at these clubs, trying to fornicate and such. Makes me feel old and weird. Also, my friends all have full-time jobs, and the ones who don't just aren't interested in dancing. Ehhhh.

I may or may not be on an active quest to strengthen my legs so that I can, as they say in the young people's music, "drop it low."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Haha, I could have written this. :P I'm getting a little old for the club scene (and I'm married, so I'm not out there looking to meet menfolk), but I still love going out dancing. (And I may be on a squats/lunges mission for the same reason ... ) Unfortunately there's not a very good club scene in Portland (too much techno/dubstep, not enough rap/hip-hop), so I get my fix in Seattle and L.A. as often as I can.  

Dúnadan Ranger

Level 2

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 8 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 4

Current 6-Week Challenge

ME!!! I love dancing and choreographing! I've been dancing since I was about five. I did Irish step dancing until about 3 years ago and now I"m taking a modern dace class in college. It's the first dance class I've taken in years though I kept dancing. If I had to choose a favorite style of dance I would have to say Hip-Hop :) but i love all forms of dancing!

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

Love it so much I do it as my warm up before lifting (or any other exercise). Been entertaining the stereo and sofa in my parent's house since I was 12. High school dances were my 'hey she's popular' place. Club dancing while in the Marines was great too.Now, I dance in my room, with my lady and occasionally in the streets of my town.

Pop, Rap, Country, Waltz, Foxtrot, and trying to do more jazz steps as I get more fit.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Dance ninja right here.

I've been actively dancing for 6 years.  I dance professional at a restaurant when I can get the gigs- otherwise I"m an avid class taker and I incorporate it into my regular "schedule"  I only slightly consider it a work out- it is a workout- but it's not "MY" workout. I usually spend 1.5-2.5 hours of warm up, technical drilling, choreography  and then my own stuff.     The only time I substitute dance is when I have class and I don't have time to do hard core training AND dance.  It's just part of who I am. I love it.  *-*

We dance around the house all the time.....

I took some of the free classes and learned the basics of swing and waltzing, plus a few other folk dances, we have a really good irish folk, americana music scene around here so it's fun to go and listen and dance, my daughter loves it.

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I love dancing too! Which is just as well seeing as I teach it for a living! I do all ages from toddler classes to seventies and over, mainly contemporary with a bit of street. I'm also a Zumba instructor :) Over the years I've done ballet, tap, street, breakdancing, jive and salsa but my favourite has to be contemporary (or modern as its called in the US). Love this thread and finding fellow NF dancers!

Level 11 Human Ranger

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

"Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them."

CURRENT CHALLENGE   1 2 3  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   DAILY BATTLE LOG     MOTIVATION

(Inventory: Fire Flower)

Winner of Adventurer Guild Challenge #26

Oh, yes! I've always been a wiggler. Can't stop this thang! Okay.. well.. yes, you can, but I'm not one to hold back in a grocery store.

I grew up with basics of polka, schottische, two-step (and of course, the chicken dance). Had a year of jazz dance in elementary school. Took ballroom (which included merengue, salsa, chacha, bachata, foxtrot, waltz, swing, polka and more) and bellydance in college. I also go contra dancing now then and have done since college.

I'd really like to get back into bellydancing, but my sincerest hope is that someday soon I find a dance partner to go dancing with me around this big town. I do have a friend that's been trying to entice me to go blues dancing, but it's just... Tuesday night is very... not the weekend. And also usually one of my CrossFit days.

Long story short - if you end up at Mt. Angel's Oktoberfest and see a lady without a partner who is dancing (completely sober) with all the 5-year-olds... that's probably me.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

bellydance has exploded in all sorts of ways (not sure when you left) but you'd be surprised what you would find these days- I encourage you to get back into it!!!

if you're looking for a more technical/WORK style see if there are any Suhaila Certified programs around you. She's no joke and her program is the tits. 

bellydance has exploded in all sorts of ways (not sure when you left) but you'd be surprised what you would find these days- I encourage you to get back into it!!!

if you're looking for a more technical/WORK style see if there are any Suhaila Certified programs around you. She's no joke and her program is the tits. 

That was just something I did for one semester in spring 2009. It hasn't been terribly long, but I loved it.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Oh, dancing. My old flame.

When I was young(er than now), under 13 I think, I used to do formal ballroom dancing. Waltz, chachacha, jive and other stuff like that. My and my partner used to participate in minors competitions and won couple of them. I quit after my partner decided to focus more on soccer than on dancing and I was too socially anxious to meet a new partner. it would have required me to go outside of my comfort zone. And honestly, I had a small crush on my dance partner :nevreness:

I still periodically regret quitting dancing... It was great and it kept me incredibly fit for a tween!

Lvl 0, Half-Orc Arcane Warrior

Str0 Dex0 Sta0 Con0 Wis0 Cha0

And proud of those stats :nevreness:

Archived