Forums are back in action! ×

Little by Little

I am not brand new here - I've been registered a week or two, but am just now posting. Am I the only nerd in the world who doesn't game? I had to get help from my husband on the character creation. Apparently, I'm an adventuring Water Elf. 

Regardless, here I am. Ready to start my journey and transition into Paleo. Little by little, step by step so that I can truly accomplish the journey of life. 

I suck at introductions. I don't know what to say. So, hello. I'm new here. 

Level One Water Elf

STR 2/DEX 2/STA 2/CON 1/WIS 3/CHA 5

^^^ I have no actual idea what that means. 

Goal right now: 10% body weight loss. 

No, you're not.  I'm more of a sci-fi/fantasy nerd and have never WOW'd or LARP'd or even Super-Mario'd.  Tell us about yourself fitness-wise; where are you, and where are you headed.  Now that you've got a character, go to the adventurers challenge thread and look around at what folks are doing - you'll want to be prepared for the next challenge when it starts.  If you have a question you can send it me (hover over my name and select SEND MESSAGE) or you can post it on the Help! I'm new to fitness... forum.  Welcome to the rebellion.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thank you for the welcome! 

Here is where I am: 

271 pounds, 5'7", 37 years old. 

My husband and I recently started with the beginner's body weight workout found here on NerdFitness. Right now, we can't even complete one complete set. We've set a goal to complete one set within two weeks, two sets in four, and the three sets within six. It might seem slow to many, but we have been inactive for many years, plus I have a spinal injury that I try to avoid aggravating. 

We aren't jumping into the deep end with Paleo, but are transitioning slowly instead. I'm not sure either of us are up for a challenge just yet. I am checking out the unofficial mini challenges, though. 

Level One Water Elf

STR 2/DEX 2/STA 2/CON 1/WIS 3/CHA 5

^^^ I have no actual idea what that means. 

Goal right now: 10% body weight loss. 

You don't need to apologize for easing in - I started so slow with the BBWW it wasn't funny.  It took me about 2 months of substitute exercises till I could even do my first set of lunges.  There are two ways to ease into the BBWW - one is the method that you are using.  It also okay to do fewer reps but do 3 circuits (with a rest between).  So instead of doing say 10 pushups, you would try to do 4 pushups in each of 3 circuits.  You might think about whether that will be easier on your back.  I think it's great that you're working out together.  That must be a great help.  Join the challenge now if you want a short dry-run; you can always just set some habit-bulding goals (like work out 3 days per week).  If you're more comfortable waiting till the next challenge begins, that's okay - do what makes sense to you. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived