Forums are back in action! ×

These Are Not the Lbs You're Looking For

Hi all, new to the site (obviously). About a year ago, my husband deployed and I started obsessively working out and dieting.

I even completed my first 5k while he was deployed..... BUT I never could get into any good shape. At my heaviest, I was 155. At my best I was 142 and DISCOURAGED.. I couldn't lose any more weight and I couldn't make myself see any results, despite running upwards of 2 miles every other night and yoga.

The husband came home in December and I immediately packed on 6 lbs and feel like crap (having my best video game and WOW buddy home did not help my proactivity). I'm ready to attack it again, but I need to do something new as I seemed to plateau both physically and mentally with my last method of cardio cardio cardio, veggies veggies veggies. I read Staci's story and got inspired to try weight training.

So, if I could as for assistance in choosing a race.... I'm 5'8 150lbs, I'd consider myself on the lower end of average in the body department.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! So excited to get started.

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

Welcome to Nerd Fitness Gilfren! Race is kind of an arbitrary thing around here, and also optional I might add, with most just coming up with whatever they feel fits them whether it be a monster from fantasy or other literature (though I've seen a few Vikings around as well). As to Class I suggest Scout, but you sound like a Ranger or a Warrior. Wherever you end up Nerd Fitness is a good place for figuring it out. 

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Head over to http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/page/index.html and it will walk you through most of what you need to create a character.  "Race" is just for fun, but if you want to participate in a challenge you'll need to join a guild.  If you're can decide between two guilds, look around at the challenge threads for each guild and see what looks interesting.  If you're totally undecided, just join the Adventurers guild for now and see what we're doing.  You can move from guild to guild, so no harm, no foul.  Welcome to NF. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived