Forums are back in action! ×

New to Fitness Accountability

Hey all,

I like picking up heavy things and putting them back down.  I like running, although I sort of stopped doing it a while back.  (Why? Who knows!)  Getting stronger and running farther are my main goals.  But I keep falling off track when I'm just writing down my workouts in a book. 

I'm a knitter and spinner.  I am fascinated by our connections to material goods and the changing forms of their construction.  I am an excessive consumer of media: I watch a lot of documentaries, docu-reality shows (Ice Pilots NWT for the win), and just plain bad TV.  I hoard books, especially any young adult fantasy or sci-fi novels.  I adore Star Wars and consider the EU my spiritual home.  I am a queer atheist who studied religions at university because religions are really fucking cool/weird/interesting.

And that is me!

I also have a lot of weight to lose -- I hope to go from 171 pounds down to 145.  I have already lost 50 pounds and found my chin.  But the weight loss is mostly secondary to my goals of Doing Stuff, because I've decided I will lift weights and run and travel and do whatever I want regardless of what I weigh.

Level Four Mandalorian Assassin

| STR: 8 | DEX: 7.5 | STA: 12 | CON: 8 | WIS: 7.25 | CHA: 6.75 |

| First Challenge | Second Challenge | Third Challenge |

You can't look dignified when you're having fun

Welcome to NF! If accountability is an issue for you, look around the guilds and think about joining one for our next 6 week challenge! We all encourage and support each other, and we all have pretty diverse goals so I'm sure you'll find that there are others with similar interests and skill levels.

Congrats on the first 50 pounds lost, that's a huge accomplishment!

Thanks!  I'm definitely thinking of doing a 6-week challenge.

The first 30 pounds came easily and unhealthily (thanks, shitty job stress), the next 30 came with a lot of (probably misguided) work and 10 came back.  The final 25 will be lost smartly; I'm determined on that.

Level Four Mandalorian Assassin

| STR: 8 | DEX: 7.5 | STA: 12 | CON: 8 | WIS: 7.25 | CHA: 6.75 |

| First Challenge | Second Challenge | Third Challenge |

You can't look dignified when you're having fun

Archived