Forums are back in action! ×

New form the UK

Hello everyone

Checking in from the North of England- where it is 1C today!!

Found NF while googling about pull ups, like the lay out and most importantly the honesty. So thought give it a go

Bit bout me- I will soon be nearer 40 than 30 which is terryfying, male, 6ft 3 and just shy of 220 pounds

I have always been a big lad, but it hasnt stopped me competing in and doing well in physical challenges, ive climbed kilimanjaro and to everest base camp, ive run the marathon des sables in the sahara desert deemed toughest race on earth and in the last 6 months I became a county champion boxer

However, ive always carried too much weight, particulary on my torso. And its about time it pissed off!!!

I started the NF stuff 2 1/2 weeks ago and am just finding my feet. Pushing weights isnt my thing and diet ive always been crap at. Im hoping to tinker about a bit till the next 6 week challenge comes up and then get stuck in. Ive tried to eat paleo and have been doing ok, sweets in the office draw still get me and im convined bacon and scrambled eggs arent doing me any favours. but ive lost weight and feel better- ive also not drunk since jan 11

training wise, im trying to do my weight, only missed one, but i also still box and, run and am training for a kettle bell competiton, which i guess is free weights and all body excercises too.

so hello, hope to get from this site what many others have- success

Shabba

Welcome to Nerd Fitness, we are glad to have you. Those adventures sound like some interesting stories well worth hearing. Look forward to hearing about the new adventures too.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Stick with the Paleo, diet is 80% of weight loss, good job on the progress so far.  Bacon and eggs aren't going to hurt you if you're eating a low carb/good carb diet, your body can convert the fat and protein more easily if there aren't a lot of carbs floating around in your system.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived