Forums are back in action! ×

Glad to be here!

Greetings!

Intro:  My name is Josh. I live in NC, i'm 5"8, 5"9, and weigh around 210-ish. I'm a sophmore in high school, and have thrown myself in and out of shape through the last year. I've gotten as low as 177lbs last march (when i was around 3 inches shorter and 15 lbs less muscle), and i've been as high as 220lbs after this last christmas (damn you lasagna!!) I've decided to buckle down and get my weight under control and keep it in check.

Goals: In the short term, i want to get under 200lbs before April for reasons i'll tell you in a moment. Long term, i want to get back to around 180 lbs, but do it right and try to keep it around there for as long as i can. Obviously im going to grow, so i'm not dead set at holding that weight, but stay at about that level of body fat. I don't see myself as outright fat being that a lot of my weight is muscle, but lately it has become painfully obvious that i need to lose at least some of the fat.

The reason for my short term goal is to make weight for a grappling tournament in April. For those of you who dont know what grappling is, think UFC ground fighting with no punching, just submissions. I'm going to compete in an adult division, and the weight class that i want to make is 202lbs, and i want to make it without having to cut like seven or eight pounds in a day or two like i did at my last tournament, which is one of the most unpleasent things ive ever done. Losing fat seems like a much healtheir option than dehydrating myself.

Hobbys: HUGE MMA fan (fan to the point of being a fight nerd), most other combat sports, video games (Skyrim, Fallout, UFC Undisputed 3), Stand-up Comedy, talking about mma with people who really don't give a s***

Glad to meet everyone!

P.S if anyone ever wants to talk about upcomig MMA fights, PLEASE feel free to message me!

Welcome aboard :) 

since you want to lose fat I guess your first thing to look for will be clean nutrition? 

It looks like you got your TRAINING share already in action, so there is nothing else than just keeping those donuts away :D

good luck with your goal, and good luck in april in the tournament :D

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Hi Josh - good plan to lose the fat instead of dehydrating yourself.  Since you're in high school, I'm going to assume that you don't have full control of your diet, but you can still eat as clean as possible.  If you click on the NERD FITNESS tab, and go to the free resources, you'll find a guide to healthy eating.  I think with a few sensible cuts you can get down to your April goal.  Good luck in your meet.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thanks everyone! Exercising won't be to bad, i don't mind working out that much. Cleaning up my diet is going to be hard though. I love my food, especially pasta, and i've had trouble in the past with doing any sort of diet, considering i can't buy my own food. But it needs to be done, and in the next few days im going to give it my best shot at eating less and not eating crap. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Archived