Forums are back in action! ×

droid phones

ceethegreat

So my current phone is on the brink of death (it already seized up and needed the store people to fix it). It also turns out I'm due for an upgrade. So the question is... samsung galaxy s III or the droid razr m or something else? I have small hands, so the razr fits them better. And I use my phone primarily for texting/email/pics/FB/internet searching. Thoughts or recommendations? thanks in advance!

Cee, Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom

STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

I only upgrade my phone about once every 5 years.  Currently using a Droid X and quite content with it.

If you text and do pictures a lot, pick a phone with a good battery life and don't worry about screen resolution.  In my opinion, Internet service is more a matter of your data plan than the phone hardware.  If you streamed a lot of music and video, you'd probably want a phone that can do 4G.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I have the droid x 2 and hate it... It's slow and often choses when it wants to work

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I switched from Iphone3GS to Galaxy SIII about 2 months ago and couldn't be happier, that has a lot to do with moving from a closed to open enviroment though.

The S3 really is a huge phone so have a good think about that against your hands - my fiancee finds my phone hard to use and ends up holding it in one hand and tapping with the other whereas my hands a big enough to still use my thumbs.

Thanks for the input! So far pretty much everyone I've talked to who owns an S3 loves it including my brothers, so that speaks well for it. Will do some research on the battery life on it, too. Any idea if there's an S4 (or whatever the next model's called) is coming out soon? 

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

I believe the s3 was only released within the last 12 months or so - I it's still very much a current model do I wouldn't be worried about it getting superseded yet.

I'm a HTC person myself just because I've had a good run with them so I eof have a look at the current models from then too. But I have heard good things of the s3 so that's probably a safe bet.

"I lift heavy things. Sometimes these things are people."

I've had the HTC incredible and incredible 2 (I don't generally replace phones until they die) and like them... except they both had the same problems at the end of their lives: they just stop, freeze, restart, freeze, and don't make it past the HTC or start up screen and then kaput. The Verizon dude said that he's seen a lot of HTCs do that towards the end, so, now I'm weary about them. I'm leaning most towards the Razr M because its one of the smallest phones out there, but appreciate all the input!

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Archived