Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone !

I'm a 21 year-old woman amd I just dicovered NF yesterday while I was checking Benny Lewis new blog entry on his website 'fluent in 3 months'.(yes I am a language nerd)

I am French (so sorry if my english sounds awkward from time to time) and because of my country culture and my parents education I am used to NOT eat junk food. 

Nevertheless I am overweight and because of that I have a very low self-esteem.

Of course I am the only one to blame, back in school I had bulimia and in 2009 I had a very strong depression so I gained weight.

I am currently a NEET (means I don't have a job and I don't go to college either).

My goal would be to lose 20 kgs no matter how much time it takes and gain my self-esteem back to be able to finally move forward in life.

And as we say in Japanese : Yoroshiku ne !

If you're not eating junk food, all that you need to do (unless you have a medical problem), is to eat fewer calories.  If you're not currently tracking what you eat, I like the tracker at MyFitnessPal.com.  I recommend some fitness activities too.  Fitness activities will help you keep the muscle as you lose the fat, and I have also found that they are good depression-fighters.  2-3 days a week of strength training alternating with 2-3 days a week of cardio is a good mix.  If you click on the NERD FITNESS tab, and select free resources, you'll find eating guides and workout information.  Welcome.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thank you for your advices, I'm going to check that website. I have already started some fitness activities according to the NF rebel guide.

The concept of 'cardio' is a bit obscure to me though. Where I live there is a park nearby and I walk my dog here everyday.

At best I walk my dog in this park 2 hours a day (it's a small dog). Is that a good exercise ?(for me not for the dog haha )

Thank you again.

Archived