Forums are back in action! ×

Hi....It's a good day to start

Hello. My name is Theresa.  I've been reading a lot of the topics on Nerd Fitness and lots of comments in the forums. It's a great incentive to actually introduce myself.  First big step done.  I'm a bit on the shy side and to start a topic on myself is something out of the ordinary.  I'm sure my finger will waver over the post button for a few seconds.

I'm here because I need to lose weight ... a lot...and to get strong, confident and flexible.

I've been slowly transitioning into the Paleo lifestyle for a few months now after coming across Mark's Daily Apple and then doing further research from there.  I still have a hard time with the sweets so need to work on that.  My kids love it because they prefer only meat and produce--- my husband is not quite on board but is still supportive of me doing what I gotta do. 

I'm really lame at fitness.  Especially now.  I grew up on a farm and I remember staying in good shape because I was always outside helping my dad, tossing bales, picking rocks in the field, running away from the mean rooster.  Then left the farm, moved to the city....and got a bit soft.  Currently, I'm using our 'lovely' Canadian winter as my excuse to not do anything. Shame.  Now, no more excuses!  The plan is to start with the Beginner Body Weight Program and go from there.  So I will do what Steve says to do and simplify the **** out of everything.  Eat right, train right and repeat.

Thanks all and looking forward to .... everything!

"Today" is always the right day to start something.  The beginner's body weight workout is a great place to start.  We'll have a new challenge starting in a couple of weeks, so you're just in time to learn your way around before it starts.  You'll need to join a guild to be part of the challenge; click on the CHALLENGE tab, and head to the FAQs for the step by step on doing that.  If you aren't sure what guild to join, just start off with the adventurers.  You can always move to a new guild as your fitness identity changes. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived