Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from a new rebel!

Hi everyone,

I (was) stumbled upon your page by a good friend of mine, who already tried the paleo diet I think, but now has given it up, or something like that.

Last year I hit the big 30 and made a vow to myself that I would change my life, since I did not feel happy. This still needed some months to grow inside but on New Years Eve it begun. I did not want it to be any old stupid NYE resolution that you forget in about 3 weeks, I wanted it to last. I decided the best course of action would be to take little steps each month; change something little each month and thus make it sustainable.

I was happy to read on NF, when I read through here, that this is a pretty smart way of doing it and actually gaining the desired result. And so far I have no problems.

What I really want to do (I did not say "try"...psychology :)) is to gain weight and muscle mass, since I'm a skinny guy. Don't get me wrong, I have sufficient muscle mass for my body weight to do pull ups, but I want to look healthier and not like an anorexic...which I'm not, and can't even properly write I guess. I want to achieve this with the Rebel Fitness guide which seems to have a chapter about that, hopefully not connected to Paleo diet only, since I guess I won't be a big fan of that.

Does anyone have experience with bulking up with the RF guide here? Most posts concern losing weight. I don't know if gaining weight is a less common problem in our society.

To have something positive at the end: I stopped smoking beginning of this year without problems. But this was only step one in my year-long quest to improve myself and make myself happy again. My motto for the new year was first "I want 2013 to be MY year" but after a quick thought I changed it to "I want 2013 to be the start of MY many years!". So I'm prepared to give it all the coming years, to have great results in the end. I'm used to grinding from RPGs videogames anyway, so I can grind on that too. Every small step counts, eh?

Cheers

I don't know a lot about bulking up, but if you head over to the NERD FITNESS tab, and put that in the search box, you'll hit a good number of articles.  Glad you decided to join in.  Join a guild (click the CHALLENGE tab, and look at the rules and FAQ), so you'll be ready to join the fun on the next challenge. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived