Forums are back in action! ×

Well, hi.

Hi. I'm Amy.

I've been following the NF blog for awhile, but finally kicked it into gear and bought the Rebel Fitness guide last week.

This year, one of my "New Year's Resolutions" was NOT - for the first time since I was 13 or so - to lose weight. My goal is to get fit.

In 2012, I used a C25k program to go from a self-proclamed truck who didnt run to a truck who ran a 5k WITHOUT STOPPING. (38:50, 12:32/mile WHAT UP!) I realized the that heck, I've been a whole lot thinner, but I've never been able to do that before. I've been trying to lose weight since I can remember, and I've done it successfully several times. In 2003 I lost a bunch of weight and was the smallest I've ever been. In 2006, I lost 40lbs. Then I gained it back. It always comes back, sneaky bugger.

Last week I had a terrible shock. I went to measure myself on some fitness metrics (aerobic, strength, flexibility, and BMI) so I could have a way to measure my fitness progress (I decided that I was tired of listening to the scale). My BMI is 31.3% - I'm officially obese.

So screw being thin. I want to be fit. I want to do crazy things like bike the MS150 or do the Avon 2-day walk. I want to have energy. I want my backaches to go away. I want to not feel like I'm a little old lady when I'm not even thirty. I want to be a better me. I want to be mentally strong. And I want to be it FOR GOOD. And if all that comes with actually being able to fit into my clothes, even better.

Finding time to work out has really been a challenge this year, because last year I bought a horse. His name is Wally and he is the love of my life. We ride English and jump stuff. He's amazing.

post-13497-0-79567800-1360793180_thumb.j

Isnt he handsome? I owe it to him to be fit too, because he's the one that has to carry me over jumps. ;) Are there any other NF equestrians out there?

As soon as I read the NF workout plan, I was pumped because I could do whatever exercise I wanted on days that weren't strength days - hellloooo riding. I'm the kind of person that needs the structure of a plan, but a lot of things want you to work out 5-6 days a week doing a specific routine, and doing that left me no energy to ride.

My Battle Plan:

• NF Strength workouts, Riding, and Running once I get to the next NF workout level and have to start doing intervals
  • Counting calories (starting with getting back into the habit of just entering what I eat, and working my calories down over the next couple of months)
  • Incorporating more fruits and vegetables and nuts instead of processed foods.
  • Working on weighing and measuring for portion size

Glad to be here. Doing this once and for all.

A

Glad to have you Amy! Welcome to the Rebellion. I'm not sure if we currently have a Cavalry division but if we don't we should probably get around to starting one. 

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Archived