Forums are back in action! ×

Favourite game soundtrack?

shortstuff

Journey for PS3

the composer actually put the full soundtrack up on youtube, you should listen to it, because it's amazing.

Archbishop Turpin, above the rest, Spurred his steed to a jutting crest. His sermon thus to the Franks he spake: "Lords, we are here for our monarch's sake; Hold we for him, though our death should come; Fight for the succor of Christendom. The battle approaches - ye know it well, For ye see the ranks of the infidel. Cry mea culpa, and lowly kneel; I will assoil you, your souls to heal. In death ye are holy martyrs crowned." The Franks alighted, and knelt on ground; In God's high name the host he blessed, And for penance gave them - to smite their best.

There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.

http://notebookscrawl.blogspot.com/

Journal

Current Challenge

One of my most played albums on my iPod is definitely the Kingdom Hearts Piano Collections soundtrack--it's beyond beautiful, and it helps that I can play many of the songs ;)

Nobuo Uematsu is one of my own personal composing icons, though, and the Final Fantasy soundtracks are always well worth a listen--though I think my favourite is XII, which wasn't Uematsu. Whoops! Still though, FFIX is a close second, and Rose of May is one of my favourite themes from any video game ever! (I also spend way too much time listening to the Advent Children soundtrack, which isn't /really/ a video game, but close enough for my mind XD)

And I dunno--do The Protomen count? I know their first album, at least, was done by re-working themes from the Megaman games, so maybe that can be termed "game soundtrack music"? Because The Protomen are one of my favourite bands ever, and I listen to their two rock-opera-ish albums at least a couple times a month, and often on repeat. xD

Tseecka
Lvl 2 Amazonian Adventurer
STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 3.5 CON: 6.5 WIS: 6.5 CHA: 1.5
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~*~Exercise daily if convenient. If inconvenient, exercise anyway~*~
Daily Battle Log: HERE

Accountibilibuddies: Looking :(

Which Final Fantasy has the best soundtrack? Opinions?

Post Nintendo, I just loved FFVII and FFIX music. With that said, to this day, FFVI music brings back the most memories.

Journey for PS3

the composer actually put the full soundtrack up on youtube, you should listen to it, because it's amazing.

I have heard so many great things about this game and have yet to play it (don't own a PS3 for starters).

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Final Fantasty VII had my favorite video game soundtrack of all time, but I'm also becoming increasingly fond of Bioshock Infinite's soundtrack as well...generally, the entire Bioshock series was very well done...

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then, the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." - Phillips Brooks

Say what you will about the game (I actually enjoyed it, but understand why some fans did not), but Chrono Cross had a beautiful soundtrack.

The game never won me over, but I've always wanted to go back and give it another shot. However, you are right about the music!

And speaking of...Chrono Trigger's music always brings back memories.....Frog's Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMzkUriqXvs

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Say what you will about the game (I actually enjoyed it, but understand why some fans did not), but Chrono Cross had a beautiful soundtrack.

+1 I got extra stuff w my copy including the soundtrack, poster and a clock.

Ill also add in Persona 3 for original score music and DJ Hero2/SSX(PS1) for non original score.

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

+1 I got extra stuff w my copy including the soundtrack, poster and a clock.

Ill also add in Persona 3 for original score music and DJ Hero2/SSX(PS1) for non original score.

Come to think of it....I got the soundtrack with the game when I bought it new too...gonna need to check when I get home.

Archived