Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to kick this off

Hello all! I am not certain how I came across this site but I am sure glad I did. I am ready for some positive change, and I feel real good about what I am seeing here.

About 15 years ago, without me paying much attention to it, my weight began to creep up until I reached a little over 220lbs. ( I am 5' 6" tall) This was in 2011. I had no energy and couldn't do 10 push ups, or even a single pull up. I had been on cholesterol and blood pressure medicine for years, and dreaded every time I had a doctors appointment. A friend recommended Weight Watchers and I started using their points system. I did fairly well. I lost almost 50lbs and ran my first ever 10k that fall!! Great! I felt I was on to something!

I then got distracted by personal issues and quit following my routine. I gained almost all of the weight back and was really feeling frustrated by it all. I considered Weight Watchers again but I just didn't want to do all that counting and tracking again. My doctor suggested the South Beach diet and I completed the initial 2 weeks of phase one. I felt really good. I also felt that going back to eating pasta, and bread, and other things like that just didn't seem productive to my situation. In a twist of fate I was researching fitness routines when I found Nerd Fitness. It seems like a great find. Not only did I find the workout information that I was looking for, I also found the paleo diet info too.

I am hooked. Since I started with the South Beach diet and moved into the paleo lifestyle I have lost over 15lbs. It is a great start. I have been doing the beginner body weight routine 3 days a week, alternating with interval training 3 days a week. It feel very positive at this point.

Here's to a new beginning! 

Archived