Forums are back in action! ×

Let's do this!

Hi all. I'm not really sure where to start....  I used to run a lot.  Last year I ran 4 full Marathons and several halfs.  Then I got tired of spending so much time running.  So I stopped and my weight crept up a good 10 lbs (to 128).  That was really scary to me because I am only 5'1" and many years ago I weighed 180 due to some medication I was on. 

At any rate, I started doing an hour long kettle bell class once a week and training with a personal trainer twice a week.  This was life-changing.  I fell in love with heavy barbell lifting instantly.  We're talking love at first lift. I was so happy!  That was last August.  I now do those kettle bell classes 3 times a week.  I haven't been lifting much and I miss it.  I'm really struggling to determine how much weight/sets/reps I should be doing even how many times a week and which days.  My only goal right now is to get stronger.  I now weigh 137 and can currently dead lift 185(1RM), bench 82 and squat 135(1RM).  I can do assisted pull-ups with a couple of bands. 

My goal is to really dig in and figure out exactly what I need to be doing and also to dial in my eating.  I mostly eat pretty well but I REALLY love beer and that gets me into trouble, calorically speaking. 

I'm really open to any suggestions or thoughts and I'm very glad have this chance to get to know some awesome people.

Level 1 Ranger3 STR, 1 DEX, 3 STA, 3 CON, 2 WIS, 3 CHA 

Love your username!

I'm not much of a runner, so I can't imagine running four marathons in a one year -- you are amazing! I am like you however, in wanting to add some muscle and bulk up a bit.

Being strong is fun. :) I'm looking into trying a kettle bell, too! It's good to hear that you like it!

Elf // Adventurer

STR: 1 // DEX: 2 // STA: 2 //

CON: 4 // WIS: 4 // CHA: 3

challenge one

---

I am not afraid, I was born to do this. -- Joan of Arc

Archived