Forums are back in action! ×

ready to level up.

Hey fellow rebels,

After about two weeks of reading everything I could over on the blog, and a lot of time reading other peoples questions and challenges here in the forums, I'm finally showing my (metaphorical) face. 

Just to give you an idea where I'm coming from, I'm a relatively healthy 23 year old college grad. I'm 5'8" and somewhere between 150-160 lbs. As I've added into my signature (I love this idea!), I'm pretty much an elf, though when I get a little closer to that 160 mark, I start to carry my weight in unfortunate places (since it's fat, not muscle). I live a semi-sedentary lifestyle, I work a 35-40 hour workweek in an office, and I generally head home to sit around and watch movies or play games or spend time with my also nerdy-but-fit boyfriend (have you played Bastion? Seriously so fantastic). 

The things that are important to me in this journey are tri-focus: my health, my appearance, and my future. They are all kind of interrelated. To break them down slightly, I'm interested in improving my health via more, better sleep, smarter diet (I'm also lactose intolerant) and more exercise. I'd like to change my appearance by gaining more muscle, losing fat and hopefully, experiencing better hair and skin from a better diet & exercise. Finally, I'm concerned about my future, because even though I've got a few years before I really start thinking about getting married and having kids, I want to be as healthy and able as I can be for myself, and my future children (sounds so creepy when I say it like that!) and my future husband.

So, I'll be working on a challenge for myself, since the next one is coming up. My boyfriend already does a lot of free weight lifting and biking, so he'll be teaching me the ropes for weight lifting (yay girl power!). I love body weight training, as difficult as it is, so I'll be adding some of that in. I am not a runner, but I love walking and hiking, so I know I need to get out into the mountains more, which will be easier with the weather warming up!

Wow. I wrote a lot! Hope I didn't bore you all to death, but I guess I'm just tired of being lazy and tired and unsatisfied with how I feel and look, so I'm ready to change it. I'm ready to level up my whole life, and I really think this is the time and the place for it. 

Can't wait to meet you all and talk about Zelda and weight lifting and Han Solo. :)

Elf // Adventurer

STR: 1 // DEX: 2 // STA: 2 //

CON: 4 // WIS: 4 // CHA: 3

challenge one

---

I am not afraid, I was born to do this. -- Joan of Arc

Glad you joined.  You're just in time, we'll have a new challenge starting in about another week.  I think after a few months, you will notice an improvement in your skin and hair from the exercise and clean diet; I've gotten several comments on how much better I look, even though I haven't lost a whole lot of weight.  Glad to see you here and welcome to the adventurers guild.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived