Forums are back in action! ×

Hear I go again

Hello all!

I have been lurking for a while now. So I decided to finally post something.

I am not sure how I let myself get so out of shape, but here I am. Middle aged and some what more round than I would like to be. The ironic thing is that I am happiest hiking, running, kayaking etc. One of my main motivators for wanting to get in better shape is to be able to fully enjoy outdoor activities without hurting myself etc. I have gone through periods where I have regularly worked out and lifted weights. I found I like lifting weights and getting stronger. However, I have never really been able to change the way I look very much. I think my main problem has been my diet. So my immediate broad goals are to improve my diet by eating less sugar and processed food and to regularly work out. I plan on joining the next challenge but I have not set specific goals yet nor decided which group I would like to join.

Fishercat

"It is hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off"

Florence and the Machine

Hey there and welcome!!!

I love outdoor activities too (especially hiking with my dogs!). The best of luck to you! I know the diet can be the hardest part (I almost always eat worse on the days that I work out a lot feeling like "well, it won't hurt me as much today in the long run, since I already did so much" except that it does really matter in the long run). I hope you succeed! Good luck!

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

Str - 4.5 Dex - 3 Con - 1 Sta - 3  Wis - 4 Cha - 5

It's okay to be happy to see me. Just because you're English doesn't mean you need to hide your emotions.

I'm Irish. We let people know how we feel. Now f*** off.

I am a little more than middle-aged, and with a slight change in diet and some strength training, I have seen a change - so you can do this.  If you can't decide which guild to join, just join the Adventurers for your first challenge.  You can always move to another guild after that. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived