Forums are back in action! ×

New rebel reporting in

I'm new. (Shocker. I know). I have a history of trying a workout routine and stopping. Eating a diet and stopping. I realized I never had the motivation to live health. That is till now. I looked at my life, I'm 290 lbs, I have to sleep with a cpap, and I'm constantly tired. I'm ready to change.

What type of workouts are you interested in?  What type of diet changes are you looking at?  Don't forget, what you eat will be 80-85% of your fitness success (or as Steve says, "you can't outrun your fork").   You'll find a guide to healthy eating if you click NERD FITNESS and head for the free resources.  There is also a great thread you might want to join.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

@Jryan630

I'm basically where you are. I feel the motivation, but haven't actually started.

One thing you can try is to use the substitute approach (it's on here somewhere, but I can't find it atm). You replace one of your unhealthy things with something more healthy. With me it's Dr Pepper. So instead of 3 cans a day, I would have 2 cans and a glass of water. Then later, you can increase the substitute.

Hope that helps a bit.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Archived