Forums are back in action! ×

MsMelissa, Rebel *with* a Cause

Hi Everybody!

Thanks for taking a few minutes to get to know a little bit about me.  :)   The basics- 43, single mom (daughters are 22 and 7 yes that's correct- 22 and 7), work full time, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 sugar glider and a billion fleas.  The fleas are on their way out the door, though, thank God.  I like to read, watch TV, workout, play with the kids and dogs, ignore the cat and kill fleas. 

Fitness-wise, I'm currently (2/24/13) 5'5, 246 and 46% BF.  I am eating high protein, low carb, mostly "Paleo" but I do eat lactose-free dairy because I'm on a very tight budget.  In the last year or so I've lost 45 and kept off 20...I'm glad for that, because I didn't pack on MORE.  I'm looking forward to adding muscle and losing fat so I can do things that interest me like Cross Fit (just cuz it looks fun), and keep my promise to my friend to do the Warrior Dash in 2014. 

I am looking forward to getting to know you better!!

Level 1 Adventurer Str- 2    Dex- 2  Sta- 3  Con- 3 Wis- 4 Cha-3 intro challenge 1 battle log facebook

My ultimate fitness goal: to make my outside as awesome as my inside. :)

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.†― J.R.R. TolkienThe Lord of the Rings
If you are reading this, I need you to help me on this journey.....and I will do the same for you.  xxoo Melissa ooxx

Welcome to Nerd Fitness! We're glad to have you here, and glad the fleas won't be staying. :P Warrior dash was a lot of fun when I did it, something awesome to look forward to.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Hello and welcome among us :)

I love your attitude and I love your quote in signature - was using the same some time ago on another forum :)

Let's hope you will get comfortable around here, stay for good and direct your fitness and life on the right course :)

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Hi! I'm new too. I laughed out loud at your 22 and 7 - I'm 21 and my brothers are 40 and 41; I know all about the raised eyebrows and funny looks. All the best with your goals and look forward to seeing you around.

LVL 1.5 Chubby Wood Elf Adventurer [challenge 1] [challenge 1.5

21 / f / 174 lb [initial goal 154] [sw 196] / 5'7" / UK / Kongregator 

STR 3.25 DEX 2.5 STA 4.5 CON 5 WIS 5 CHA 2.25

"You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there." -- Edwin Louis Cole

Archived