Forums are back in action! ×

Inspiration

slsanders2

My main source of inspiration comes from my wife and 2 daughters, soon to be 3 daughters (due in May).  I am a very motivated and inspired individual.  I look for inspiration daily from any source.  It may be a line from a song or a quote from an article.  I try to pass along some sort of inspiration daily to anybody and everybody I can. 

With that said, I am just curious....what inspires you or where do you get your inspiration from (internet, books, tv, music, etc.)?  Please share, you never know who may use what you post to find his/her inspiration.

Élan Scout Level 2STR-5, DEX-4.5, STA-8.25, CON-1.5, WIS-3, CHA-2I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

Compete Everyday

I love when my 16 year old son (the one who wants to be a marine... the one who can do hand stand push ups and 500 pulls ups and one armed pull ups etc) tells me that he is proud of me...

I love when my 12 year old autistic son tells me that I am stronger than sulfuric acid... 

I love when my younger brother (who despite being younger than me is taller than me) tells me that he can tell I am working hard... 

but mostly... 

mainly...

I work because my body is a temple... and I work out and eat right in order to give praise to my God who created me in His loving image... I work out so that I can be the me that I was created to be... I work out so that I can enjoy the years that I have been given... I work out so that I can teach others that it isn't difficult and it can be fun... I work out because it is one of my ministries :) I work out because I am blessed

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Because the best things in life aren't paved over and easy to get to.  I want to know that when I have the chances to climb mountains, hike jungles, and enjoy life that there is nothing to stop me.

Oh and because the healthy confident feeling I get from having a good body is pretty rewarding in its own right.

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

You guys. You inspire me. Just reading these four posts has me so inspired that the inspiration is trying to force its way out my tear ducts.

Other things that inspire me... friends and family (what they do, who they are, and what I want to be for them), music, random acts of kindness, news stories and other articles, pictures, nature, movies, dance, books, little kids, food.... there are too many things to list. I draw from anything and everything that can encourage me, give me joy, or otherwise make me feel happy and whole. I'm not always a ball of sunshine (in fact, I'm often quite mischievous), but I try to appreciate my this life and the opportunities I've been given.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I don't really have motivators, so the biggest thing for me is the character/person I want to become. Anytime I need motivation I turn to four people I try and model myself after.

Iroh from Avatar - That's why I want to learn taekwondo, so I can do this - http://youtu.be/URaz79rT5ds

The cast of Flashpoint - They rock, and I relate to alot of them. Especially Spike.

Jet Li - His movies. If I ever want to skip a workout or lose my motivation, I just watch one and I'm ready to go again.

And finally Superman - Beloved superhero with godlike abilities, and a body to be jealous of, who always fights even if it almost kills him. (yes, superman can be killed too)

Those are where I get my inspiration and motivation.

Archived