Forums are back in action! ×

Civil Engineering Student meets Dumbbells, hello!

Hello fellow nerd and fitness enthousiasts!

I'm a 19 year old student at the KULeuven in Belgium, I study civil engineering and I recently started "exercising".

So what's my history right?
I always was a skinny fuck*r (sorta still am), I was always pretty sporty! I played alot of tennis at one point, but then I came to study at the uni! LOADS of beer and cheap food made me gain 3 kilos.
Allthough I'm not really worried about the kilos, its just I noticed a little beer belly developing!

At this moment I only play 1 match of tennis in 2 weeks or so and its doubles so not that intense :(

What made me do it? (start exercising)

GEORDIE SHORE - BOSH, no seriously I was watching this series, funny as it was.. Seeing the ripped guys in there made me think..
Why the.. don't I try that? Because at this point I would rather keep my shirt on at the pool or sea side!

So what am I doing at the moment?

I'm following this http://www.mensfitness.com/training/build-muscle/dumbbell-workout?page=2
It only uses dumbbells, which is the only thing I have available atm, If I get enough of my 5 kg dumbbells I'll option a 3 month gym membership.
I also do some dumbbell presses and dumbbell fly's. Flat and inclined, some regular dumbbell arm lifting and then situps till failure.

I also go running for 4.5 km intensely 

I'm still really new at this all, this my second week in..
I could use every advice available on foods, my scheme, exercice tips..

Especially I would like to know how often I should do my exercices, do I wait till I no longer have stiff muscles?

Ok, enough typing now, need to head back to my dumbbells!

Take Care,

Alex

We just had another Belgian join up last week...If I can think of who it was, I'll let you know.  If you click on the NERD FITNESS tab, and put "bulking up" in the search box, you'll find a lot of articles.  You can also post your questions in the HELP I'M NEW TO FITNESS forum.  We just started a new challenge on Monday, but you can still join if you want.  Click on the CHALLENGE tab, and go to the FAQ.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived