Forums are back in action! ×

n00b status

Greetings from South Carolina!

My name is Casey and I'm a 21 year old accounting major. I was just introduced into nerdfitness by a friend of mine who is helping me with my weight loss struggles.

I'll admit, I'm a lazy SOB. The last thing I want to do is wake up early and work out before school or work and the last thing on my mind before going to bed is, "oh, I should really work out right now". I don't eat too terrible. I don't like sweets or fatty condiments, but I worship french fries. I love veggies and fish but as a full time college student, it really is hard to have a well balanced diet. I find myself going through the drive thru at McDonalds rather than being a good girl and packing my lunch.

I'm 5'4" and 174 lbs which is the heaviest I've ever been. I've always been heavy, but not like this. I don't just want a quick fix. My goal is to lose 40 lbs, because somewhere someone said the ideal weight for my height is around 135. Whether or not this is accurate information, who knows! Once I obtain a weight that I feel comfortable with (meaning I can finally stop crying in front of the mirror) I want to try and maintain a healthy life style. I don't want to be too thin, 'cause a girl needs curves. I also do NOT want to be "ripped". I don't dig muscles on my men and I sure as hell don't dig them on myself. I just want to look, feel, and be healthy.

I don't have a lot of patience (which is why I could never be a doctor... hehe get it? No.. okay) so this whole journey will be quite a difficult challenge. I expect to drop three pant sizes after one bike ride even though I know that is completely ridiculous. I hope I can achieve my goals while staying focused and committed and help to encourage others to reach their's as well! 

Glad to be a part of the nerdfitness rebellion!

Cheers  :biggrin-new:

Yes, we always expect miracles from our workouts, when the reality is that you're diet has far more impact on your weight (or as Steve says, "you can't outrun your fork").  If you click on the NERD FITNESS tab, and head for the free resources, you'll find a guide to healthy eating that is great.  If you aren't tracking what you eat, you might want to start that.  I find MyFitnessPal.com easy to use, but I know there are others out there. 

Adding some sort of workouts is great because it helps your skin shrink, and of course burns a few more calories.  You might want to look at the angry birds or beginners body weight workouts.  I realize that serious weight training isn't what you want; a body-weight workout like these will help you keep more muscle on your body while losing the fat. 

You can still join the challenge that started on Monday.  It's a great way to start building some good fitness habits by looking at short-term goals.  Good luck on your quest. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived