Forums are back in action! ×

I feel like I should re-introduce myself after disappearing

I was on here for a while. Doing really well. Pursuing strength gains. Staying away from soda. All of that. I was doing awesome on my challenge goals of the new year.

And then I made an exception.

And then another one.

And then I said "why bother?"

I was really ashamed, going from practically 100% to 0% in a weekend, so I didn't come back for a while. I made the excuse that I was just avoiding spending too much time online. But that was a lie, and not a very convincing one. After all, was playing OFFLINE video games for hours on end really any better? No matter how much time NF has taken away from schoolwork or chores, being a part of the community has always kept fitness, my health and my goals near the forefront of my mind.

I'm here again. I'm going to be sticking with the adventuring group for a while, as I've tried bodyweight workouts, barbell training, and running and had success with each until I got injured with each and started doing absolutely nothing as a result.

I need to eat better, move more, put more time into my schoolwork and less money into frivolities. All of those things have been getting away from me lately.

Here's to trying over and over until it sticks!

-Grizzy

Welcome Back! slip up and set backs happen to everybody, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Like you I find that NF has help me stay focused on achieving my goals, both in fitness and life in general. Keep on pushin'! Little changes add up to big results. 

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."  -Theodore Roosevelt 

^^ Love this quote  :smile-new: 

"Live to the point of tears."  - Albert Camus

Archived