Forums are back in action! ×

I'm Neil, stumbled across Nerd Fitness last week and just decided to join the community.

A little about me; I'm a former Army medic with two tours.  I used to workout all the time between sports, martial arts, and lifting in highschool then came the Army and I worked out 5-6 days a week during training.  In the past few years I let myself go.  After my enlistment was up I stepped on the scale and tipped just over 300 and it was a helluva wake up call.  Over the past year and a half I've been slowly fixing my eating habits and started working out again, although last month was a wash for that. Starting the 1st of March I decided to try a Paleo oriented diet because trying to constantly monitor my intake was becoming tedious

My intent is to get back to at least my level of fitness from highschool and hopefully surpass it.  I'd like to cut down to 215-220 and reenlist.  Following that I am looking at either becoming a Paramedic or Police Officer

I decided to join up becuase since I've found the page I've renjoyed Steve's writing style and his exuberance for life.  It is great running into people with such positive attitudes even if it is online.

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

Welcome to the rebellion. Thanks for your service and your interest in Law Enforcement. Police Department's love getting veterans, especially ones with life saving skills. How can the NF community help you?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived