Forums are back in action! ×

Hello!

I'm Steve, but you can call me Hitchie. I'm from New Zealand, however I never seem to be here for long.

I love keeping fit and healthy, but recently (for the last 6-8 months) I've fallen off the wagon as it were. I injured my knee, then became unemployed and got to a point where I struggled with motivating myself and bad habits crept in.

I'm heading off overseas soon and I have a couple of months to get myself back into a healthy routine again. I'm focussing on body weight exercises mostly to save money for the time being. I would like to get back into the gym to do more weight training, but I'm happy to wait (no-pun) until I'm not moving around so much.

I have been lurking around this community for a little while, mostly reading the blog posts by Steve, but thought that this community would be a good one to get involved with. So Here I Am!

Anyway, might see you around,

-Hitchie.

Hi!  

I work out at home right now too, I am trying to save up for a gym membership but they are so dang expensive around here!  It's amazing how fast things can snowball out of control.  I have been jumping on and off the wagon for the past few years and finally have been able to get on and stay on now that I found Nerd Fitness.  It's such a great atmosphere and community that if I am having a downer day I just come on here and get my "mojo" going again.

I live in Canada but I know a few Kiwi's on the South Island, from when they all travelled over here.  I am hoping to get over there in March of next year...one of my level up goals!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Nice! I the South Island is great. Totally different to where I am in the North Island, almost feels like a different country down there.

Glad to hear my assumptions about the community around here are true. Looking forward to getting involved more.

Glad you joined in the fun Hitchie.  A lot of us do workouts out home.  There are several workouts on the free resources page (Click the NERD FITNESS tab) that don't require equipment, including the angry birds, hotel room, and beginner's body weight workouts.  Mix that in with your cardio of choice and you're in business.  We're beginning week 2 of the challenge, but don't let that stop you from joining; you can get a lot done in the remaining 5 weeks.  Just click on the CHALLENGE tab and visit the FAQ.  Welcome to the rebellion. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived