Forums are back in action! ×

Out of Shape Army Nerd Ready to Change for Good

Hello All!!! My name is Olivia, I'm 28 and a Medic in the Army Reserves. I returned from a year long deployment in Sept of 2012 and have since gained close to 55 pounds. Needless to say, I'm here for a lifestyle change for the better. I've started the Paleo diet as of 3 March 2013 and have a plan of attack for my exercise habits as well. I would love any support, encouragement and gaining some new friends from this. Hello again to everyone!!  :smug:

"Dream your dreams but don't pretend... make friends with what you are..." 

I'm in the same boat Olivia, welcome aboard. They people here seem friendly enough.  Even though we may be thousands of miles apart we're in this together.  I know the dedication it takes to be both a soldier and a medic as long as you apply that to you're proposed lifestyle change and you'll have nothing to worry about

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

welcome aboard!!!! you can do it! (said the girl who went Primal b/c i cannot stop eating cheese).  check out the primal/paleo boards if you need recipe ideas or encouragement.

in no time you'll be wrapping everything in bacon and getting weird looks in restaurants ... and loving it!

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Mmmm...cheese.....

Hi Olivia!

Welcome! I am fairly new here myself...one piece of advice I could give you would be to keep things simple!  I have to constantly tell myself that otherwise I go flying around trying to read up on every single workout and every single recipe and eating plan and it just make me go BEZERK!  Haha I have found that changing one or two things at a time and sticking with that for a about a week until I add more on helps a lot!

It didn't take me long to find a few new friends and I am trying to be as social as possible.  This way I can hopefully make some life-long friends that have the same aspirations that I do...to live a healthier happier life!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

hi again - just checking in to say i hope things are going well!  are you planning to join in on the next challenge?  it will start in a few weeks.  it is a great way to keep yourself on track and make some new friends.

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Yes I am definitely going to get in on the next challenge....which reminds me I should start preparing now!  Things are going great and I am loving every minute of it here!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Archived