Forums are back in action! ×

Right, I have decided it's way past time for me to get back into shape :)

Age 17, I was a gym adict - roughly 5 days a week I was in the weights room (and yes, I am female! lol). I avoided cardio as the first 6 weeks of my membership, I had been doing treadmill, bikes and cross trainer before light weights. I lost a stone and a half - which I didn't really have to lose at 8 and a half.

At 18, I stopped going to the gym as I was pregnant. After having DD1, I was given a standard "girly" program by the trainer at the new gym I joined. I just didn't have the motivation to follow it, and gave up. I then went in and out of phases of working out, the last serious one being just before I had DD2, who is coming up to 3. At this point, I had joined a gym full of bouncers, and really pumped up men. My sister and I were among about 10 female users. We ended up feeling very much out of place, no problem with this type of man, just that it can be very intimidating being a small woman in a gym full of Arnie look a likes :)

I then had DD2, lost most of my baby weight within a few months, and have gradually gained the majority back. I am NOT happy with weighing what I did at 8 months pregnant and need to fix it. As I have a tot at home, and work evenings, I need to be able to work out at home, with her around.

My main issue with starting out, is eating. Can anyone suggest any good, high protein foods other than chicken/turkey? I just don't like chicken.

Hoping joining up will help give me the push to keep going - I know most of what I should be doing, but need to make the effort.

Any other lean meat, and of course eggs.  You'll find other information in the guide to healthy eating (click NERD FITNESS and select FREE RESOURCES).  The free resources also has some workouts that require little to no equipment, such as the beginners body weight, hotel, and angry birds workouts.  We're on week 2 of the current challenge, but there are 5 weeks left, so join in if you want.  Click on the CHALLENGE tab and head for the FAQs.  Welcome to NF.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived