Forums are back in action! ×

Yesterday, Tomorrow, Today.

Taylot

Yesterday-590x393.jpg

Yesterday...

Is done. Over. Finished.

Cannot be changed, unless you have a

or

Shouldn't be forgotten, but learned from.  What went right? What went wrong?

Was composed of all the habits and choices you've made in the past.

Might have been the best day of your life.  Remember it fondly, but don't live in the past.

Might have been the worst day of your life.  Move on.

tomorrowland-590x422.jpg

Tomorrow...

Hasn't happened yet.  Stop worrying so much.

Is full of hope. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best thing.

Will be an opportunity to be a little bit better than you are today.

Can be planned for, but plans change.

Is a new day.  If today sucks, make tomorrow better.

Isn't guaranteed.  Shit happens to good people.

Is an opportunity to feel sore, not sorry.

parkour-590x393.jpg

Today on the other hand...

Can be the first day of the rest of your life, if you so choose. Choose wisely.

Is an opportunity to decide if you like the path you're on, or if you need new direction.

Is an opportunity to start building new habits, changing the you of tomorrow.

Is an opportunity to say "yes" to something you normally say "no" to. New experiences bring growth.

Is an opportunity to say "no" to something unhealthy that's a part of your routine.  Change is good.

Is an opportunity to make one better decision than you did yesterday, in life, love, health, or wealth.

Is an opportunity to be better than you were yesterday.

Is an opportunity to do NOW what you were going to put off until tomorrow.

Is the ONLY thing you can truly control.
Proceed accordingly.

-Steve

###

photo sources: yesterday, tomorrowland, today - parkour

As my fellow Assassins probably know, when this current challenge started, I was handed the shit that happens. It was something no one could have predicted or controlled (except for the driver that ran the red light, over my father's legs, and away). It's my first challenge and I seriously considered dropping it - it felt like nothing mattered but my grief and anger.

But I was encouraged to stay, modifying my goals a bit, and I'm really thankful for that. My challenges - a morning routine, pushups, situps, diet, meditation, and a job search - have provided some really valued structure in an uncertain and awful time. 

I can't change what happened on Feb 27. I can't magically have my father up and running tomorrow, and I probably won't suddenly have the money to make up for the months he's incapable of working. But I can brush my teeth, work out, eat right, meditate, and look for a job today, and support him as much as I can.

So yeah, there is "no day but today", to quote RENT. You really have no idea what's coming for you in the future, and you really can't change the past - but you can achieve things today that otherwise don't seem possible.

Le cÅ“ur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point. (The heart has its reasons that reason cannot know.)

@kawaiidragoness || @KawaChallenge || Reddit || Tumblr || Youtube || Dropbox (cloud storage) || Kiva (microloans for the world's economy!) || Universe Project 

L2 Spriggan AssassinSTR 5 | DEX 3 | CON 7.67 | STA 6 | WIS 5.5 | CHA 4.67QUEST || CHALLENGE: Lair (0) Start-Scummer (1) UD (2)

As my fellow Assassins probably know, when this current challenge started, I was handed the shit that happens. It was something no one could have predicted or controlled (except for the driver that ran the red light, over my father's legs, and away). It's my first challenge and I seriously considered dropping it - it felt like nothing mattered but my grief and anger.

But I was encouraged to stay, modifying my goals a bit, and I'm really thankful for that. My challenges - a morning routine, pushups, situps, diet, meditation, and a job search - have provided some really valued structure in an uncertain and awful time. 

I can't change what happened on Feb 27. I can't magically have my father up and running tomorrow, and I probably won't suddenly have the money to make up for the months he's incapable of working. But I can brush my teeth, work out, eat right, meditate, and look for a job today, and support him as much as I can.

So yeah, there is "no day but today", to quote RENT. You really have no idea what's coming for you in the future, and you really can't change the past - but you can achieve things today that otherwise don't seem possible.

This... all of this, is the reason why I like this community.  Very inspiring kawatan!  KCCO!

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

If you believe science, time is an illusion, and thus choice is nullified.

Source please? Time is not illusory, though it's devilishly hard to define. The best attempt I've come across is that is an extra-dimensionsal frame of reference based on entropic values. 

I dispute your claim of nullified choice. There's no strong experimental evidence for a localized hidden variable theory that would negate free-will. Quite to the contrary Bell's Theorem, Kochen-Specker Theorem, the double-slit experiment, the quantum eraser experiment, and delayed-choice experiments explicity rule out these possibilities. Probalistc quantum mechanics and the associated cosmological frameworks provide strong evidence of free-will.

For the sake of thoroughness, I'll address Hugh Everett's many-worlds-interpretation, even though it is non-falsifiable and thus scientifically invalid.. Some, including the noted Dr Hawking, will argue that choice is an illusion because each possible outcome will happen in some other universe. To this I say, "so what?". Just because a different version of me made chose "D" instead of "A" does not negate the fact that at this time, in this place, a choice was made.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

If you believe science, time is an illusion, and thus choice is nullified.

You seem to have misinterpreted what cannonical physics' wisdom says.

Einstein's STR states that time varies for different frames of reference. Time of perceiving an event can vary for 2 observers when with their relative distance to a big gravitational mass or for 2 observers moving relatively to each other. That means that two observers can perceive events happening in different order.

But all of these things are extreme cases of physician's modelling. For every day appliances classical mechanics are adequate depiction of reality. This is a system where time follows linear properties and therefore is an absolut quantity. 

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Archived