Forums are back in action! ×

Only just begun...

Hey all

I've been following NF ever since I read Steve's Q&A on LifeHacker. I've finally decided to "level up" my fitness routine by joining the community and I will be starting a month of Crossfit later this month. 

A little background on me is that right now I am easily in the best shape of my life but I am not content and I know I can continue to make improvements. I was always the smart, fat kid all the way through school. At my heaviest I was probably around 320 right before starting college the summer of 2006. I started taking my health seriously around junior year in 2009 and tried to eat better and go to the gym. I was 270 then. I wasn't consistent in my motivation however, and the following 3 years saw my weight drop down to about 215. The past year however I found my drive and motivation and I had gotten down to about 180. I ran 5k's in July and August and did the Warrior Dash in September. In August I started doing Intermittent Fasting and September adopted the paleo lifestyle. I can't see myself going back now. These days I'm much more interested in weight lifting and strength training, and I stopped caring about the number on the scale. As long as my clothes fit and I like what I see in the mirror I'll be happy.

Some non-fitness related back story- went to college for mechanical engineering, currently working as an assembly tooling engineer, love futurama, have built and watercooled my main PC and either built or helped build computers for others as well. I love science and technology.

Well, that's my intro. Hope to add more to the community and learn as well.

Archived