Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone. My name is Abbott...no I don't know where Costello is.

I am 22 years old, from Columbus, Ohio (which is a weird place for a Michigan Wolverines fan to be living). I am a recent graduate of Bowling Green State University where I received my degree for Graphic Design. This website was recommended to me by a good friend, and while I don't think of myself as a nerd in the stereotypical sense (I'm not huge on Star Wars, LotR, D&D etc.), but I think the Nerd Fitness style is more for me because I've always been intimidated going to the gym...which made me not want to go. My biggest problem with working out for me is that I get on board and then stop after a week or two when it becomes boring or I just lose focus.

Before this past year, the most amount of physical activity I would get would be during marching band season. Four months out of the year, and then not a whole lot after that. The thing that really made me realize that I need to make a change in lifestyle was a doctors appointment a few months ago, where she said that my cholesterol was high. It wasn't too bad, but still higher than it should be. I felt pretty embarrassed because my youngest brother was right there and could hear everything...it really made me question what I was doing.

After reading some of the posts on here, this definitely seems like the place for me. Hopefully this time around, I'll be able to commit to it. My ultimate goal (even though I've read here that weight is just a silly number), is to get under 200 pounds. I currently weigh 237 and I am 5' 10". I will be using the resources on here as well as any and all support from fellow rebels as motivation and I hope this is the time I can achieve my goal and be happy with myself.

Level 2 Human Adventurer

STR: 6 |  CON: 5.25

DEX: 1  |  WIS: 5.25

STA: 5.75  |  CHA: 4.5

My First Challenge

My Second (Current) Challenge

-Second Challenge Progress Blog

"Don't freak out until there is a reason to freak out." -My grandmother

Hahahaha - Costello. Good one!

Welcome to the forums Abbott (although I have already WEIRDED YOU out in chat.. mwahahahaha!) and to Nerd Fitness! I'm still somewhat new here, so I am not a "pro" at giving you any advice or anything, but I know you'll get lots of help here like I have and make many friends!

I look forward to being a part of your journey and with you when you accomplish your goals! Go Abbott, Go Abbott!

Niwa no niwa ni wa, niwa no niwatori wa niwaka ni wani wo tabeta.

I am going to recommend that you join in the challenge. It has already started, but you've still got four weeks. The challenge will help you focus on near-term goals, give you a group to be accountable to, and some folks to cheer you on. Click on CHALLENGE and read the FAQ. If you can't decide which guild to join, come on to the adventurer's guild-you can always change for the next challenge.

The first thing to get in order is your eating. We all believe that if we work out we will lose weight, but your diet has a much higher impact (or as Steve says "you can't outrun your fork"). I recommend the beginner's guide to healthy eating (click NERD FITNESS and head for the free resources).

Good luck and welcome.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived