Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, fellow Rebels!

Hello!

I might be one of the youngest rebels here, as I am only 16 years old. I'm from Czech Republic and I kinda found this site by accident.
For some time, I've been fighting with low self-esteem and as well self discipline. Recently, I decided to start doing something with my body, as it started getting somewhat shapeless. I was a good amount of time on a PC, so I decided to shorten it to 3 hours daily MAX.
I also made a little rule-board in my room, and for breaking ANY of those rules, I do 10 pushups.

You might think it's not much, right? Well, those rules are basically all the routine things people normally do. Clean your room, brush your teeth, shave your face daily, and a few more, including 5-10 pushups in the morning, 5-10 in the evening. But as I stated before, I have severe problems with discipline, and during 2 days after setting the rules, I broke at least one of them daily.

The first day, I found out I kinda... Can't do 5 pushups in a row. Not at all. Well, I tried hard and managed to do 5 crappy ones. In the evening, it went a little bit better, and 3 days later, I can do 5 perfect pushups in a row.

My plan is to work myself up to the desired 10 and make it a daily routine. Fight myself to the state, when I tell myself, I should do this, and I will just go and do it instead of letting it be. And to get in a good shape and keep it.

What I still need to do is altering my diet, as I'm eating in the school cantine daily and they kinda decide what I eat. I might need some advice from you on this.

That's my battle plan, feel free to ask anything else you want to know about me, I'll try to answer it ASAP.

Yes, you are a bit younger than most, but we do have a couple your age.  I also have my rules (although they aren't written down), including not sleeping past 8:00 AM (on the weekend).  If you click on the NERD FITNESS tab you'll find a FREE RESOURCES page.  There is a guide to healthy eating which should give you a lot of good information.  There are also some workouts on that page that do not require equipment.  You might like the ANGRY BIRDS or the BEGINNERS BODY WEIGHT workouts.  You could do either work out 3 days a week, with a "non strength" day between (you can also mix up the workouts for more variety).  On your non-strength day, you can do other things if you want, like running, biking, yoga, martial arts, etc.  Since you're eating at school, you may not be able to eat the perfect diet, but armed with good information you can make the best choices possible. 

There is a challenge that is beginning the 3rd week, but its okay to join it late.  If you want to join, click on the CHALLENGE tab and the FAQs will give you all the information you want.  If you aren't sure which guild to join, just join the adventurers and you can hop to another one later. 

Good luck.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived