Forums are back in action! ×

Greets from Donegal!

Hello! My name is Rockets. Not actually though, no matter how much I wish it was.

I'm 22, male, from Ireland, and really into getting my life back on track. Stage 1 of this miraculous transformation is turning my body into something I can be proud of. Nerd Fitness speaks a language I can understand (zero bullsh*t), plus all the videogame references make me giggle.

My plan so far is to gradually add exercise into my life, so it becomes something that's just part of my day. All bodyweight exercises because I'm a sucker for simplicity. I hope I can count on you guys and girls for advice and support. I'll not say 'for the next few months' or 'until I'm fit', because I know there's no stopping once you get going.

So to summarise: I'm fat, weak, and determined as hell to do something about it.

Nice to meet you all~

Adventurer Lv. 1

20/100 EXP

Welcome, I'm new as well.  I'm loving your summary lol!  Have fun and best of luck (not that you need luck of course ;))

Honesty and humour are the best ways to go. Thanks for the welcome! I hope we both reach our goals. 

Welcome Rockets!  So what are the first steps in gradually adding exercise and when today will you implement them?

And a thank you to you, too!

Step one has been underway for two weeks now. 5 days a week I go walking around the bypass and roads near my house. It's roughly a 5 mile trip, and I'm already seeing results. Leg strength has increased along with my balance and endurance. Initially I'd cough and wheeze after, but that's stopped now. It even helped my posture, now I stand my full 5'10'' instead of 5'8''. It's a habit now.

This week I started pushups. I went from managing 3 on Monday to 10 on Thursday. It's taken less time to recover since the first attempt, so I should be able to do more tomorrow. If I can get it going M-W-F for a month without fail then it's time to add another exercise.

Adventurer Lv. 1

20/100 EXP

Welcome.  Keep up the good work and good attitude.  Feel free to ask any questions, this group has been really helpful and receptive from my limited experience

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

Archived