Forums are back in action! ×

New to all this...

If you read nothing else, read (and hopefully answer) the last question.

I am a mom of a 2.5 year old really got serious about health and fitness when I was pregnant.  I am 5'6 and at my "heaviest" (not pregnant), I was 135 (college 15lbs).  I came from a family of fit people, so that weight didn't last long.  When I was pregnant I gained a healthy amount of weight and lost it within a year.  A few months ago I did the "Fat Flush" and got down to 118.  I felt hungry and tired and knew that was not the solution for me.  So, here I am...  I run 4-5 times a week (usually intervals of walking/running).  I am not losing weight and am frustrated.  I talked to a friend about it recently and she asked if I was weight training.  My answer...no, I want to be tone...not BUFF.  It spoke to me though and I started researching it.  I found this site and LOVE it!  We did primal (not full on paleo) for a month, but I didn't notice a significant change (we did eat dairy and also had alcohol...I know...).  I can't join a gym right now (and don't really like gyms).  Also, my time to do strength training is during my sons nap and I am limited to body weight training.  Is this really enough to tone up?  I have been doing the beginner workout posted on this site.  I will be moving to advanced quickly since I had already started doing a little strength training.  But again...

IS BODY WEIGHT TRAINING ENOUGH TO LOSE WEIGHT AND GET TONE?

Yes and no.  Body weight training is enough to build muscle, but diet is the majority of it.  Sounds like you do pretty well already.  For that toned look, you will need to do strength training of some sort. For that body weight training is an excellent start.

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

Archived