Forums are back in action! ×

Strength Coach!

Amazon Grimm

I had my first session with a Starting Strength Coach on Saturday.

It went awesome, I finally can get the bar in the right place for a low-bar squat, and I got a lot of good feedback on the press.  I fell over during my warmup weights for the DL, so there is that...

GrimmThing - Warrior

Maybe I'm just too dumb to collapse - - too ugly to die !! I'll let you figure out the reasons...

Current ChallengeNF Workout Log

That's awesome! I'm hoping to get Rip's cert in the next year or two once I can afford it.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

That's awesome!  How did you go about finding a coach to help you out with a set?

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

That's awesome!  How did you go about finding a coach to help you out with a set?

There's a searchable directory of them over at the website.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

There's a searchable directory of them over at the website.

Which lists no coaches in my area, because it is broken.

Someone posted a whiny thread on StartingStrength.com,  and the coach contacted the other poster.  The OP then replied back, naming the coach, and praising him a little.

I contacted the coach through a PM on the site.

GrimmThing - Warrior

Maybe I'm just too dumb to collapse - - too ugly to die !! I'll let you figure out the reasons...

Current ChallengeNF Workout Log

Well that's good to know, I couldn't find any within an hour of me.  Any replies on them fixing it?

500 / 330 / 625

Well that's good to know, I couldn't find any within an hour of me.  Any replies on them fixing it?

There are none within SEVEN HOURS' DRIVE of me. :P ...the perils of living in rural America. Would be very exciting if there were one a few hours closer than that.

Archived