Forums are back in action! ×

Hello...I am here because I am a 51 year old man who found out he has high blood pressure. Rather than taking meds, I want to get to the root of the problem. I am 6'3" tall, and, 2 weeks ago, weighed about 247. I have a friend who is a power lifter, and she has been talking about the Paleo Diet. Since I am carvivorous as it is, I knew it was a diet I can stick with. This morning, I weighed in a little shy of 236 punds. I have also begun brisk walks for 20 minutes a day.

While I do have support, but, I know an online community has it's benefits.

But the real reason I am here is that I love life, and want to make sure I can keep playing as long as possible.

Glad you're here.  A change in your diet and walking is a terrific start.  Are you going to start power lifting too, or do you have other fitness goals?  There is a challenge in progress, but you can join if you like, you just can't "win".  If you're not sure which guild to join you can start in the adventurer's guild - you can always move to another guild between challenges.  Good luck beating your HBP the sensible way.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Glad you're here.  A change in your diet and walking is a terrific start.  Are you going to start power lifting too, or do you have other fitness goals?  There is a challenge in progress, but you can join if you like, you just can't "win".  If you're not sure which guild to join you can start in the adventurer's guild - you can always move to another guild between challenges.  Good luck beating your HBP the sensible way.

Thank you for your comments, Laureleye. My present goal is to get down to 200 pounds. That is the high end of where I should be on the BMI index. For that I reason, I will not do weight training. The reason is, I want my goal to be measurable. I thinki adding muscle weight, while trying to lose weight would be more difficult to measure. Once that goal is met...who knows? I want to focus on one thing at a time.

I am still trying to make sense of the whole Guild system. I note the influence of gaming. You have to remember, for people my age, gaming means buyng toy phasers and communicators, and arguing over who will be Spock and who will be Kirk. :peaceful:

Awesome! Push for better health, keep a t it and you will get there. I go on this website called 9gag.com, which is just some silly site that posts a lot of weird/funny stuff and interesting things. One thing that had caught my eye was this 60 year old man who was at a physique that resembled mine. He finally said enough is enough, got in shape and now he's probably one of the most buff intense looking older men out there! Told my wife when I get that old, that's how I'm going to look :D You can do it, just stay strong. Welcome to the Rebellion!

Thank you for the ecouragement, Synster! Yes...I want to be that guy. You know...the one every gal wants to get, and every guy want to be.

Archived