Forums are back in action! ×

Sriracha

kyo

I'm very tempted to try this, but I'm also not sure. I do like hot sauce (I am fond of a Mexican one called Valentina) so I really want some Sriracha, but I don't want to buy a whole bottle if I don't like it.

I did find a recipe at one point for Sriracha pops, which I wouldn't mind making lol

Niwa no niwa ni wa, niwa no niwatori wa niwaka ni wani wo tabeta.

I'm very tempted to try this, but I'm also not sure. I do like hot sauce (I am fond of a Mexican one called Valentina) so I really want some Sriracha, but I don't want to buy a whole bottle if I don't like it.

I did find a recipe at one point for Sriracha pops, which I wouldn't mind making lol

buy a bottle and try it, and if you don't like it give it to someone else to try.  sharing!  ;-)

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

I love it so much! It's got a tiny bit of sugar, but it's an amount I'm okay with. I first tried it when I was making Skinnytaste's Asian Glazed Drumsticks (I use boneless skinless thighs instead) a couple of years ago and was instantly hooked.

For chicken salad, I do shredded chicken, a little bit of mayonnaise, sea salt, and Sriracha. Nom.

I also use it when I'm browning ground beef/turkey or cooking small cubes of pork loin. Meat in skillet, sprinkle with Adobo (I go a little heavy) and add Sriracha, then brown as usual. Toward the end, I add Worchestershire sauce and let that almost carmelize on high heat. Best meat ever. (Worchestershire's another one I've decided to be okay with for reasons of deliciousness.)

I love it so much! It's got a tiny bit of sugar, but it's an amount I'm okay with. I first tried it when I was making Skinnytaste's Asian Glazed Drumsticks (I use boneless skinless thighs instead) a couple of years ago and was instantly hooked.

For chicken salad, I do shredded chicken, a little bit of mayonnaise, sea salt, and Sriracha. Nom.

I also use it when I'm browning ground beef/turkey or cooking small cubes of pork loin. Meat in skillet, sprinkle with Adobo (I go a little heavy) and add Sriracha, then brown as usual. Toward the end, I add Worchestershire sauce and let that almost carmelize on high heat. Best meat ever. (Worchestershire's another one I've decided to be okay with for reasons of deliciousness.)

I've never tried this sauce. But your recipe sounds fantastic. I think I will try it. :-)

"It is hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off"

Florence and the Machine

So who else loves Sriracha hot chili sauce?

I use this stuff like ketchup and I love it!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/bobcats_thursday/bobracha.jpg

IMHO it is best WITH ketchup.  Especially on brats.  I used to use it for everything, but after a good while, the smell of it started nauseating me.

TheBBP, level 1 Jedi Adventurer
STR 5|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

Hebrews 12:11-13
“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.â€

I can't express my love for Sriracha enough so I will let someone else do it for me... http://theoatmeal.com/comics/sriracha

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Pretty sure I will be trying both of these very soon.

I love sriracha... I routinely use it on my eggs.  Good stuff.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

I like sriracha (especially in my pulled pork) but there are loads of hot sauces in my cupboard which get a fair crack in circulation (including one so hot that I can only add a few drops to anything before it blows my head off... and I scared people in Thailand with my chilli addiction).

Oooo what is it? I am always looking for more stuff to burn my mouth :D 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Archived