Forums are back in action! ×

Sandbags

sweetleaf5

I read the article about using sandbags as a tool for working out...I loved the idea so today I made 3 "sandbags" of my own...with small rocks instead of sand.

I'm going to attach pictures...the small pink bag I'm going to use inside for dead lifting and squats mostly...and the orange bags I will use outside. I'm going to attach long ropes and use them for pulling.

I'm not quite sure f the weights of the bags, I think they are approximately 20, 30 and 40 lbs...

I am missing the deltoid muscle in my right arm...I used to have it but it has atrophied over time starting at about 16 yrs old (no one has ever been able to tell me why)...whatever caused this also caused nerve damage and numbness in my right hand.

A year ago November I had tendon reassignment surgery, now I can make a fist! The next step is to try and build some strength...I'm fairly athletic despite the weak arm and love doing obstacle courses (I've done Warrior Dash 2x and Adirondack Extreme Adventure).

Warrior Dash has a flat wall that you have to walk/pull yourself over with a rope...I've not been able to do it YET...

My goal: September 27, 2013 I WILL MAKE IT OVER THAT WALL!

post-14546-0-31494900-1363992609_thumb.jpost-14546-0-35680300-1363992559_thumb.jpost-14546-0-13825200-1363992596_thumb.j

Archived