Forums are back in action! ×

so, i had this thought

well where to begin? I guess why im here is the logical place. I ended up late one night browsing random pages online, and found this, I was debating getting back into shape again after years of nothing other than what I can describe as abuse of my body haha ( tho I did enjoy it! :D ), previously though,  in a past life I was debating IT&COMMS in the UK armed forces, EWOP or Electronic warfare operator for those who know some about it. this as you can imagine was my first taste of training or exercise in general, hours of running, pushups, LOTS of pushups, tricep dips, sit ups, bastardos ( squat thrusts I believe ) we refered to em as such due to the fact they were a bastard to do, jerry can lifts over distance, more running , more pushups ! >.< never really weight training as such to be honest most if not all was endurance orientated naturally as you can imagine, and for the most part kept me in shape, pretty fit, but never really definition or mass strength.

however... I met a girl as one does, settled down got a desk job, started gaining a little weight........ sat at a desk some more, moved into technical support for pretty much the largest ISP in the Uk...... sat some more...... gained more weight..... I guess you see where this is going.

so what changed? lol as usual in stories involving settling down with a nice lass.... she buggerd off :tongue: and ive decided, well :) its time to get back on track. back being fit, healthier and actually capable of running, lifting and feeling as strong as I used to be.

so I guess onward to goals and achievements I want to unlock :D

back in the day my 1.5 mile times varied, the best I achieved was 6mins 32secs. this is my first goal this you could say is my level 20 as I feel it would be easier to get back into something I really enjoyed ( makes the transition back into healthier life easier I think )   

currently however, doing a 100yard dash for a bus is pretty underwhelming arriving at it out of breath gasping for air!

I never really focused a lot on strength ever, I feel I want to change this, perhaps not be giant or hulk like , but average muscular, if that makes sence ( this aspect of training I have no idea really on , again never really looked into it other than grip, enough to carry 25kg jerry cans in each hand over distance, but again that's really more endurance than say dead lifting weights or building what muscle is there etc, help on this subject would be greatly appreciated ) theres level 40 covered! and completely new territory for myself too, gotta have some ambition rather than build whats already there, albe it hidden away!.. somewhere

my level 50.

to be honest, I don't know what this is going to be , at present I know the goals I set out previously will take a lot of work , effort and time for now. once those two are met, I want to re-evaluate where I am , what I want and ill get back to this post at that time!

First order of business is to clean up your diet.  If you need help getting started on that, you'll find a guide to healthy eating in the NERD FITNESS tab, under FREE RESOURCES.  For a weight-lifting plan, I think the Rebel Strength Guide is the one you'd want.  The fitness guide is more for beginners.  Of course, you can always start with body-weight exercises that you're familiar with - you'll also find some body weight training workouts on the free resources.  If you need help tweaking your workout, there's a forum for that - just post your questions there.  Good luck. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thanks, already developing a plan to get back into it pretty much using what I already know ( or think I remember at least lol ) few of the things you said there, I hadden't had the chance to look over yet :) cheers for pointing them out.

and Luck isn't a factor :D motivation and willpower will get this done! onwards and upwards as they say :)

Thanks, already developing a plan to get back into it pretty much using what I already know ( or think I remember at least lol ) few of the things you said there, I hadden't had the chance to look over yet :) cheers for pointing them out.

and Luck isn't a factor :D motivation and willpower will get this done! onwards and upwards as they say :)

So true, but saying "good motiviation" sounds silly! 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived