Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Brooklyn!

Hey gang, just wanted to introduce myself. I am a photographer in Bklyn and am really excited about Nerd Fitness. I'm ready to change my lifestyle and feel really comfortable with the idea of changing one thing at a time. For years, I'll start a resolution that involves making big changes across the board and it usually lasts a couple of hours. Positive reinforcement and slow, lasting change seems like a winning combination.

My biggest battle will be over habits, slight overeating, and nightly wine, as well as a real adversity to exercise. I'm about 20lbs overweight and really pretty weak for a 34 year old. I have pretty good eating habits (there is never processed foods in our home) but we do eat out a lot and I can probably cut my carbs by 25-30%. My main concern with food is that we try to stick to a mostly vegetarian menu, so meals will often be "filled" with grains such as quinoa, couscous and soba or udon noodles. We also make a lot of soup, which we will eat with a few slices of bread.

In any case, I feel very aware of where I need change, what my habits and triggers are, as well as where my mental obstacles lie, so I'm in good shape to get started. Just wanted to introduce myself and meet some friends for community support.

Thanks!
J

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good."  -Steven Wright

You might want to start by just entering everything you eat for a week or so into a calorie tracker like MyFitnessPal.com.  Then you'll have a good idea of where you stand.  If you need to increase your activity, you can always just start out by walking a mile every day - that only takes about 20 minutes.  Welcome to NF. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived