Forums are back in action! ×

Hey All!

Hey guys!

I basically decided a couple of weeks ago that I was not going to hit the 200 pound mark. I'm 4'11", 21 years old, and ready to have a fresh start to adult hood when I leave college. That means losing at least 65 pounds. I am using MyFitnessPal to keep track of things, but I have been looking for a like-minded community when I ran across this site.

One of my major motivations for losing weight is so I can cosplay, confidently, as Harley Quinn and Deadpool.

Thanks for having me here!

Welcome Andrea, another person in the little club, yay! (5'2" here) This is a great community to help keep you on track, I know it helps me a lot. :) MyFitnessPal rocks, I've tried a few others but haven't found one with such a good interface and ease of input; I actually enjoy logging now and it doesn't seem like a chore.

Have you got any other goals, fitness or life related? The 6 week challenges can really give you a push toward completing them successfully.

Level 2 Gnome adventurerSTR 3|DEX 3|STA 5|CON 8|WIS 11|CHA 3

Challenge 2

You guys are making me feel tall - I'm almost 5'4" and one of the shortest of my friends :P

Confident cosplay is an AWESOME motivator, I love it!! You'll have to share victory pics with us when you get there. :) I agree with JustAStudent, jump in on a 6 week challenge! Also, if you haven't read the NF articles on small habit changes, goal setting, etc, get reading. There is SO much good information on here to help with your transformation. Just remember to take it one day at a time and not get too overwhelmed (like I usually do! :D)

Welcome to the rebellion!

Multiclassed Knife Dancer [Warrior Monk Range-sassin and Druid-in-training]

"Tiny, but FIERCE!" -The Dresden Files

CHALLENGE FIVE HERE!

Spoiler

These are all old:

Challenges: 1 | 2 3 | 4 

Post-CNF2015 Battle Log

Say hi IRL: Instagram Facebook NF Profile

You guys are making me feel tall - I'm almost 5'4" and one of the shortest of my friends :tongue:

I was just thinking the same thing! I ring in at a proud 5'3"! :)

Welcome to NF!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

@JustAStudent: I agree, I love MFP. I have an app on my phone, which makes logging what I eat even easier... and it never feels like a chore! The hardest part about it was being honest about what I'm eating, especially when I can't resist a piece of chocolate, or other junk food item. But MFP is motivational even then because I realize that I don't want to add the entire pack of chips, so I'll just eat the serving size and I'm happy putting that in.

@snowfox: I'll check out the challenges and articles as I have not looked at those yet. Whenever I try to lose weight, I usually just jump right in an assume it'll go perfectly. This time around, I'm being more patient and listening to my body more. When it's tired of exercising, I'll stop, and when it's hungry, I'll eat.

@Hammlin: Thank you!

And I'm proud to be a part of the short club :D

Setting a goal/reason to why you want to lose weight is such a great thing.  Years ago I would try to lose weight just to lose it.  And its hard to keep that going.

When you have a goal it makes it all so worth it.  Cosplaying is definitely a good goal. Some of the best cosplay I have seen are done by those who not only make a good costume, but take to time to make sure they are as close physically as they can get to the part.

Good luck!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

You guys are making me feel tall - I'm almost 5'4" and one of the shortest of my friends :tongue:

Confident cosplay is an AWESOME motivator, I love it!! You'll have to share victory pics with us when you get there. :) I agree with JustAStudent, jump in on a 6 week challenge! Also, if you haven't read the NF articles on small habit changes, goal setting, etc, get reading. There is SO much good information on here to help with your transformation. Just remember to take it one day at a time and not get too overwhelmed (like I usually do! :D)

Welcome to the rebellion!

I will add on to the group to make you feel a bit taller. I am 5'1" . You are welcome.

Shorty's Club, we should get t-shirts (5'1" here!) :lol:
I agree, you'll have to post pictures of your costumes! I'm letting my hair grow and when I get fit I want to cosplay as Lara Croft, haha!
I also really like MyFitnessPal, specially because it helps me remember wth I'm supposed to eat(I plan ahead to avoid slips), I always forget!

Good luck on your quest!

lvl 1 Halfling Aspiring Assassin

Str 0, Dex 1, Sta 1, Con 4, Wis 5, Cha 4 

@psdessa | Instagram | MyFitnessPal | Battle Log

"Should I concern myself over events, which I may never witness? Should I torment myself with problems that may never come to pass? No! Tomorrow lies buried with yesterday, and I will think of it no more. I will live this day as if it is my last. And if it is not, I shall fall to my knees and thank the heavens." Og Mandino

Okay so I feel like a giant at 5'6" haha having a dream outfit is a great motivator.  I orginally had a dress that I fit into for about 2 weeks before I started to gain weight.  That became my first major milestone.  Now I have a very unforgiving SWAT Halloween outfit that I'm using for my next huge milestone.

Good luck!

Human Ranger (lvl 3)

Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?

ChallangeTough Mudder Bound!!

Archived