Forums are back in action! ×

Youngin from the land of the Sheep looking to reinvent self.

Hey guys, this is me - 556420_546319308713615_1736164864_n.jpg7

I'm 15 years old, which seems young compared to most round here. I'm also pretty overweight. I work in Stone, so I'm about 15 stone from when I last checked.

Right now, I'm overweight, as I've said. My wish, however, is to be an Assassin/Warrior mix. At the moment, I've found Interval Walking/Jogging is my biggest exercise, and working in my garden, which we're currently turning into a vegetable plot. That and whatever we do in my Games and Phys Ed Lessons. 

Can anyone suggest decent single exercises and possible workout routines I can do outside. Currently, my parents neither know about this, nor can we afford exercise equipment. Right now, exercises that can be done outside, and in forestry, would be best. 

Another reasoning behind me wanting to get fit is to be tour ready. I'm in a band and we're gonna eventually start touring. As touring takes a toll on your body, I'd like to be physically fit and ready for anything it throws at me.. 

We've got a couple of nerds your age, but not a lot.  You're right that working out would help you last through the tour, but the most important thing to do if you want to drop a stone or two is to clean up your diet.  That's fairly simple - drop the junk and replace it with lean meat, fruits, veggies along with some nuts and a little olive oil. 

If you click on the NERD FITNESS tab, and go to the free resources, you'll find some workouts that do not require equipment - angry birds, hotel-room and beginner's body weight.  For a minimum investment, you can also get a jump rope.  Good exercise for your arms, legs and core (abs/back). 

Welcome to NF. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hey, Welcome - from one of the older Rebels (47).

I read your outside request and thought of this guy who does exercises with trees. And maybe if you're interested you could do some parkour.

Check out

(his intermediate looks like insanity!) and
. And just for possible future possibilities, check out
. Awesome stuff.

This sight has lots of articles and links to get you going. Nerd Fitness also has a channel on You Tube. So start anywhere and give us a holler when you need to. Our next challenge is starting up in about two weeks so this is great timing to get started on the you that is meant to be.

Best of Luck, Rebel.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Welcome from another young person! (16) I definitely recommend the Beginner's Body Weight workout.  You can do all of that outside without too much trouble.  My brother is a ninja, and the way he learned to do parkour and different stunts is watching videos on youtube and then trying them out on a trampoline or on cushions.  

Human, Ranger

"I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition."

Archived