Forums are back in action! ×

Former Military, Nerd!

Hello, I did 6 years in the navy. I've been out for a year now, slacking the whole time. Now it is time to cut the slack and get back into shape. Always been a warrior, I want to become a warrior/scout hybrid. Starting out slow to rebuild joint strength and get my body used to working out again. Also switching to the paleo diet slowly. Don't want to shock my self with just straight cutting the junk slowly cutting it.  I'm doing mostly calisthenics for the strength building. Doing a light sprint/hit program right now to get back into running. I'm rotating running and calisthenic days for now.  Looking to get in shape and stay there. 

My brother and father were both in the Navy and my husband is a (now) retired Marine.  Glad you quit slacking and joined in.  A new challenge will be beginning in just a couple of weeks.  Check out the warriors or scouts guild and get ready to join in.  Welcome.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thanks for serving and I wish you luck with getting back on track.

Personally, when I take leave, it's like physical activity doesnt' exist anymore. But since I been getting back on track, it's a normal part of life.

Slow and steady wins the race of life.

Welcome to the forum :)

Level 2 Blood Elf Warrior

STR  5.80 / DEX 4 / STA  4.4 / CON 1 / WIS 5.9 / CHA 3.25

"When you punch - you bring your arms up. When you step - you bring your feet up. And you must ALWAYS KEEP --- your heart up!" - Von Kaiser, Mike Tysons Punch Out!

Challenge 1 - I Lift Heavy Things To Put Them Back Down

Before I joined the forums I did a couple of random topic searches, "Navy" and "military" being one of them. (I actually, I was on this forum so much I didnt realize I didnt have am account til like five minutes ago.) I think we have people on this forum from each branch.

I'm a Sailor myself, been sitting here in Great Lakes for about a month for "C" school with a little less than a month to go.

What was your rate?

What's up! I'm active duty Navy. Welcome to the community, homie! Since you've got all your goals sketched out already you should check out the 6-week challenge...

Lvl.2 Adventurer & Aspiring Warrior/Ranger! <3

STR-5

DEX-5

STA-5

CON-3

WIS-5

CHA-5

Archived