Forums are back in action! ×

A Story of the Defective Variety

Hello!

My name is Kay(DefectiveCandy)

I work in insurance, and run an anime convention in the Midwest, and am a huge Iron Man fan. 

I realized my weight was out of control, when I was too embarrassed to go on stage for the very event I worked so hard to put on.

Fast forward a month, I signed a contract with a personal trainer, which turned out to be the worst six months of my life.

Not only was I on a ridiculous diet, between the size shaming, the 2 injuries, and the repetitiveness, I quit, didn't even show up for my last month of training. ( I mean seriously, what kind of personal trainer says they don't cater to individuals)

After that, things got way better. 

My work opened up a gym in the building for us, and with the help of my coworker (who I found out I worked with two great trainers, who were willing to help as well!) I've ran my first 5k, and am training for another. And most importantly, starting to love myself.

tumblr_mkidro8lA91rxqsavo1_500.png

Perhaps that trainer needs to look up "personal" in the dictionary.  I'm amazed that you didn't just throw in the towel - it says a lot for your determination.  I hope you're planning to join the challenge that will start up in just a couple of weeks.  Click on the CHALLENGE tab, and check out the FAQs.  Welcome to the rebellion. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived