Forums are back in action! ×

What I've Done and What to Do

Hello fellow Rebels,

I'm just going to start off with telling my story, I am 15 years old since yesterday, I weigh about 174.5 lbs, I'm a wrestler, and a martial artist. I was diagnosed with Autism, Aspergers, clinical depression, Bipolar, and mania. Why is this important? You'll see.

I started my quest for in November 2012. I was 145.7 lbs back then. My goal was to be strong and weigh 134.6 lbs. So what happened? I was thrown into a mental ward. That one incident wrecked me. I developed Compulsive Eating Disorder. This was horrible. I was put on medication that    made you fat as a side effect. BUT THAT WASN'T GOING TO STOP ME.

I started working extra hard and eating paleo. I am currently going to DBT to stop myself from making bad choices. I lost 10 lbs. Life's getting better. I want to lose more weight and be 145 lbs. I am trying to stick to paleo and hit every workout as well as continuing Muay Thai and wrestling. 

Sean

Level 1 Satyr Monk
STR 3|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 8|CHA 0

Goals: 143 lbs (currently 174.5 lbs) | 13 % Bodyfat (currently 24.5%) | Not eat bread or pasta | Complete 3 pull-up (currently 0)

Welcome! You've come to the right place for a supportive community. A lot of people here have to deal with medications, medical problems and such that make sticking with healthy habits more challenging, so you won't be alone, it's pretty inspirational! I think I even saw a thread started by folks with Aspergers. Congrats on your success so far.

We've got a few nerds around your age, but I think you're the only monk.  The DBT sounds like a really unusually therapy method, and I'm glad that it and staying active are helping you.  Are you going to start a battle log, or maybe join in the next challenge?  Welcome to the rebellion. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

What's a battle log? I was thinking of joining the next challenge, but now I'm intrigued.   

Sean

Level 1 Satyr Monk
STR 3|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 8|CHA 0

Goals: 143 lbs (currently 174.5 lbs) | 13 % Bodyfat (currently 24.5%) | Not eat bread or pasta | Complete 3 pull-up (currently 0)

Some folks like to do both a challenge and a battle log, and some just do one or the other.  I don't think I'd maintain a battle log, so I've never started one.  A battle log is just a day-by-day fitness diary.  There is a special forum for battle logs.  I really enjoy the challenges - I'm the type of person that likes to have a specific end-date, so they're better for the way I think. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived