Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

However, I'm often in a killing MOOD. ;)

For those times when you run across someone who, as they say in Texas, needs killin'.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

"Sick, huh? It's just a 'man cold', shake it off."

I have decided that 'man cold' refers to when you're so sick and sore and tired that it renders you bedridden, unable to perform your necessary daily tasks.  I am going to use 'woman cold' from now on to refer to a vague case of the sniffles.  Seems fair, right? 

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

"Sick, huh? It's just a 'man cold', shake it off."

I have decided that 'man cold' refers to when you're so sick and sore and tired that it renders you bedridden, unable to perform your necessary daily tasks.  I am going to use 'woman cold' from now on to refer to a vague case of the sniffles.  Seems fair, right?

Good luck. Let me know how that works out ;)

• Like 2

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Well, I got another gem today. Same coworker who criticized my fruit intake while eating a donut.

"I'm allergic to most raw vegetables unless they have some kind of sauce or dressing."

I...really hope I misunderstood. She said it completely seriously and it's not the first time she's mentioned it, just never sounded quite so funny. Granted, she could have a legitimate medical condition and just phrased it wrong.

Still sounded funny though. 

• Like 3

Wandering Monk

Starting Weight: 238 Current Weight: 189.2 Goal Weight: 150

PRs

Mile: 12:49 (11/1/14) 5K: 44:07 (3/13/16)

Well, I got another gem today. Same coworker who criticized my fruit intake while eating a donut.

"I'm allergic to most raw vegetables unless they have some kind of sauce or dressing."

I...really hope I misunderstood. She said it completely seriously and it's not the first time she's mentioned it, just never sounded quite so funny. Granted, she could have a legitimate medical condition and just phrased it wrong.

Still sounded funny though. 

Unless it has some kind of sauce or dressing? I think it has a little more to do with being picky.  My dad says he's allergic to garlic and people say it only has a little, so its fine - well, no, its not fine, he is ALLERGIC, like it can put him in the hospital, I am sure he would like it if it didn't.

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

Unless it has some kind of sauce or dressing? I think it has a little more to do with being picky.  My dad says he's allergic to garlic and people say it only has a little, so its fine - well, no, its not fine, he is ALLERGIC, like it can put him in the hospital, I am sure he would like it if it didn't.

But has he tried it with sauce?

• Like 4

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3

But has he tried it with sauce?

i actually mentioned this, and his response was a little I can handle sometimes, just hurts, but with some stuff like ragu, its to much and I can't take it. So yes, he has tried it with sauce, and is still allergic.  My mom's friend however, said she is like the other lady mentioned, she can't eat stuff like carrots unless it has something to dip it in.   :rolleyes:

Maybe if if we just dip spring into a little sauce we won't have all these allergies?

On that note, I do have problems with some foods, I can't eat melons, I have a gag reflex from the juice in my throat, which sucks, because watermelon taste really good.  I can only eat it dried or in candied/cooked form though  :grumpy:

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

On that note, I do have problems with some foods, I can't eat melons, I have a gag reflex from the juice in my throat, which sucks, because watermelon taste really good.  I can only eat it dried or in candied/cooked form though  :grumpy:

Shrimp and sauteed mushrooms are like that for me. Shrimp I tried once, and was good... I'm sure I didn't look very good going into gag reflex convulsions at the dinner table.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Luckily I was able to politely decline everywhere else, but I remember nights sitting at the dinner table where I had to eat the honeydew, or whatever else my mom put on my plate.  It took a long time to get done at times.  But I was always told

"Your taste spuds change you might like it now"

Well, I've tried a little piece as an adult as well (My mom loves the stuff) and I still have the same reaction, the taste is fine, but after that- well.

Also had a lot of foods that I didn't like as a child, my sister is 14 months older than me so she would tell me I didn't like it, tired shrimp for the first time when was 17.  Decided to make up my own mind and try everything I thought I didn't like again so make sure it wasn't a not like cause Angie said so.

My partner and I don't eat marron, yabbies, guilgies ( said: jool gies. ) crab or any type of shell fish. We just don't like it, for him it's the taste, for me it's the texture and taste, considering both families love them we are considered odd, but I am not going to eat something others consider a delicacy because they deem it so.

Wait! What............?

"Are you eating enough? I'm worried about you."

Yes. Shall I prove it to you by biting your nose off?

"I think you look fine."

Yeah? Well you don't get a say, I do.

"Just don't become anorexic, okay?"

That won't happen anytime soon. I'm so passionately in love with food I wanna meet its parents...and eat them too. 

What is it about well-meaning comments like these that make me want to punch a hole through the wall?

• Like 7

No trees were killed to post this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

---------------

Dali won't be joining us for dinner. He's ordering a bicycle from room service.

• "I need to get below a hundred kilos for my weight class in judo." "Why do you want to be under 100kg? Real men weigh over one hundred kilos." 

• "Why are you trying to lose weight? You should just enjoy life." 

"Wow. Look at the stretch marks on your shoulders." 

"Why would you want to lose fat? Just build your muscles and get bigger." 

"Why would you want to lean down? Girls only like big guys." 

• Like 1

i actually mentioned this, and his response was a little I can handle sometimes, just hurts, but with some stuff like ragu, its to much and I can't take it. So yes, he has tried it with sauce, and is still allergic.  

I've got a family friend who is also allergic to garlic, but only to the variety/species/type sold in grocery stores and used commercially. He grows his own of a different variety and uses it for cooking, making sauces, etc. with no problem (he's Italian, so garlic is pretty essential lol). That might be something your dad might be interested in :)

I am rapidly coming to believe that slobs criticizing attempts to become fit/healthy are the same kind of people who critique the playing of elite NBA/NFL athletes from their armchairs and barstools, have no history of violence and talk about what they would've done if today's violent crime news clip happened to them, etcetera.

A very large chunk of our populace is completely unaware of themselves and completely unaware of reality. They are sleepwalkers.

• Like 2

[ Babby's Ferst Challenge ]

Veganism killed my gainz

Chasing 15 rep 2xBW deadlift

I am rapidly coming to believe that slobs criticizing attempts to become fit/healthy are the same kind of people who critique the playing of elite NBA/NFL athletes from their armchairs and barstools, have no history of violence and talk about what they would've done if today's violent crime news clip happened to them, etcetera.

A very large chunk of our populace is completely unaware of themselves and completely unaware of reality. They are sleepwalkers.

i feel like calling them sleep walkers is incredibly generous of you. 

Typically I call them mouthbreathers. 

• Like 4