Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from the future!

Greetings from December of 2013!

My name is Erin and I joined the NF Rebellion nine months ago. Though I enlisted on April Fools' Day, my participation in the Rebellion was no joke, and I am stronger and leaner than I've ever been.

In the six years before enlisting, from ages 17-23, my weight fluctuated between 118 and 149 lbs. I spent those years harming my body in the name of "health" -- eating WAY too few calories, not enough focus on strength, little to no consistency punctuated by month-long spurts of cardio craziness. I knew exactly how to drop five pounds in a week, only to see it return twofold over the weekend. That's not what we call success.

At the beginning of 2013, I resolved to heal. January-March was about healing my brain, by finally taking the plunge and seeking therapy for PTSD and social anxiety -- to great, great success. Turns out it's pretty likely the same incident that caused both those puppies contributed to the physical damage I did to myself, too. Though I won the first battle on my own, I knew I needed to join the Rebellion to have a shot at the second one. Needless to say, with all your help, I'm well on my way to winning the war.

So long, and thanks for all the Paleo-approved fish,

FutureErin

My battle log

Goals for May 2013:

- Level 2 Recruit workout

- Slooowww transition to paleo

- Don't weigh myself all month!

It sounds like you've already made a lot of progress.  I hope you're planning to join the upcoming challenge.  Click on the CHALLENGE tab and go to the FAQs - it'll explain how to join a guild and set your goals.  Don't be afraid to ask for help if you have a question.  You can post a question in a forum or shoot me a message (if you hover over my name you'll see the option). 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thanks! The progress so far has been in rewiring my thinking about food and health. Now comes the action. Hopefully what I envision for December will actually come true :)

I am super excited to join the upcoming challenge. It's awesome to be here among people who constantly build each other up. My friends IRL are emotionally supportive, but don't help me in maintaining consistency (e.g., if I'm complainy and tired, they'd never push me through). I bet my new battle log and the help of all the superheroes here will do the trick!

My battle log

Goals for May 2013:

- Level 2 Recruit workout

- Slooowww transition to paleo

- Don't weigh myself all month!

Archived