Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy everyone

Hey everyone,

I just joined this forum to find more information and some more support for my weight-loss strength training endeavors.

I'm 27 and currently reside in Seattle, WA. I've been on the weight-loss/fitness journey for about two years now, I've done relatively well have lost about 30 pounds or so from when I began, it's just those pesky 15 last pounds that have been the bane of my existence it would seem the past year. I really enjoy strength training and have discovered that I am far more willing to go to crossfit classes than I am to anything else (woohoo! finally found something  I won't get bored with :D )

My current goals are:

Lose some weight: about 15-20 pounds

Get stronger: I am seeing consistent results with doing crossfit about 4x a week so I will continue on that path. My crossfit gym is starting an olympic lifting class which I am super excited about!

Monitor my diet better: I think that the thing that has derailed me a bit has been my diet, I can do well for about a month and then I get sidtracked. My main issue I think is cooking everyday for a month straight is exhausting!! So I 'm going to focus on cooking a few times a month and eating more leftovers :) instead of eating out. I am considering doing Paleo, but not sure it's for me I'm going to try and eat less grains/dairy/processed foods and I plan on slowly and gradually phasing them out to only a couple of meals a week over a period of time.

~Level 1 Lycan Ranger~

STR- 4 DEX-2 STA-3 CON-2 WIS-3 CHA-1

welcome!  yes cooking is exhausting for me too.  bigger batches in a crock pot make a world of difference.  I was iffy on starting paleo but since I've started it works out pretty well for me.  It made me realize how little food I ever tried eating.  pre-paleo i never heard of spaghetti squash or ate asparagus, red onion, walnuts, almond butter, ect. gl and have fun.

Big batch of meat in the crock pot and a bag of frozen vegetables are the "I don't want to cook but shouldn't eat out" solution.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Archived